The Mayor created the Jacksonville Housing Authority in September of 1994 to fill the need for a more effective and community service oriented public housing agency. Prior to the establishment of the Jacksonville Housing Authority, Public Housing and Section 8 were operated by the City of Jacksonville, Department of Housing and Urban Development (City HUD). The Board of Directors consists of seven members who are appointed by the Mayor, and eleven Advisory members. These 18 members, generally, have a strong record of success in private sector process. Find out more about the Jacksonville Housing Authority.
Jacksonville Housing Authority Salaries and Benefits
- What are the average starting salaries for positions at the Jacksonville Housing Authority?
- Do they provide benefits and what are some of those benefits?
- Do you enjoy working for the Jacksonville Housing Authority?
Jacksonville Housing Authority Interview Preparation
- What types of questions should I prepare for when interviewing?
- Is the dress code professional attire or business casual?
Best Advice for Getting a Job at the Jacksonville Housing Authority
- If you work at the housing authority how did you get your job?
- What advice can you provide to someone hoping to work at the Jacksonville Housing Authority.
Education and Experience Requirements
- What education requirements, or certifications does the housing authority like to see in an applicant.
- What type of experience is the authority looking for with regard to affordable housing programs.