Affordable Housing Leasing Associate
Pay range: $17.00-$19.00 hourly
Excellent Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K
The Affordable Housing Leasing Consultant will qualify new tenants, provide tours of the community, handle all details of move-outs and move-ins following inspection checklists, manage maintenance requests for timely completion, and ensure residents are provided with a clean, safe, and well-maintained community. Daily activities will include working collaboratively with your community team and key partners in Maintenance while ensuring all required aspects of apartment turnovers, leasing, compliance, and assisting in operating a stable, fiscal operation are covered and meeting all requirements.
If you are interested in working in a rewarding environment where your talents are appreciated, apply in confidence
Key Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Responsible for filling occupancy
- Tracking all prospect leads
- Maintain property waiting list per HUD requirements
- Maintain files of leasing paperwork and input leasing data into computers accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Process all applications for move-ins and re-certifications per the Section 42 guidelines.
- Submit completed move-in files to Assistant Property Manager
- Presenting properties and amenities in a positive light to prospective tenants
- Complete all required paperwork and database documentation/entries
- Assist with all activities related to leasing apartments.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and professionalism
- Handle telephone calls, including retrieving messages and returning calls.
- Greet, pre-qualify, demonstrate, and follow up with prospects
- Successfully overcome objections and practice closing techniques
- Conduct move-in orientation, move-in inspection, execute all documents, verify the utility accounts have been transferred into the resident’s name, and collect all monies due before releasing the keys to a new resident.
- Assist with the process of re-certification in accordance with the Section 42 Guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Handle and accurately complete all paperwork and reports associated with leasing activities.
- Place a strong emphasis on customer service in every action on the job.
- Assist Community Manager in other duties as deemed necessary by property circumstances or situations.
- 1+ years prior apartment leasing management experience, preferably in affordable housing with Low-income Tax Credit, Sec8 and Fair Housing compliance knowledge or experience preferred.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills to interact with the team, residents, prospective residents, housing authority representatives, and visitors.
- Strong organizational skills with practical decision-making abilities
- Send resume
- Full-time position
- Excellent benefits (Health Ins, Dental, Vision, 401K & Sick time)