The Associate Director of Property Management will supervise six Property Supervisors and assist the Director of Property Management in organizing and directing all property management functions across its 3,300 homes and growing portfolio throughout San Francisco. The Associate Director is responsible for oversight of day-to-day operations, and for generating reports on the properties’ finances and performance metrics. They work collaboratively across CCDC’s departments to support, execute and advance the agency’s vision, values and mission. The ideal candidate will be responsive to resident and staff needs and will demonstrate sound property management judgement.
Status: Full-time, Exempt, Regular
Location: San Francisco
Hours: Monday – Friday, regular business hours
Salary: DOE; Comprehensive benefits
- Assists direct reports in development, implementation and enforcement of lease agreement and house rules, departmental administrative policies; fair housing law; local ordinance; resident selection criteria and affirmative marketing plan.
- Establishes and coordinates a communication system involving transactions and activities between onsite staff and the Central Office to ensure appropriate monitoring and control of property issues and operations.
- Provides leadership in the development of property goals related to the fiscal and physical health of the property.
- Assists in the update, revision, and/or development of forms, reports, and manuals relating to property management issues and operations.
- Collaborates with Data Analyst to establish and track occupancy standards at the highest level achievable and to minimize delinquent rent and vacancy loss.
- Prepares monthly GPR reports in conjunction with Property Supervisors.
- In collaboration with Compliance Staff, interfaces between Asset Management and Fiscal teams on compliance with contract reporting and data integrity.
- Assists in generating compliance reports with regulations of all applicable regulatory agencies, fair housing laws, and organizational policies.
- Stays abreast of legislation, regulations and issues that may impact property management operations; disseminates relevant information to supervisors and property management staff.
- Assists in developing and maintaining compliance and systems standards, including but not limited to Yardi, establishing a scorecard, document management system, and any future system identified to assist with departmental performance measurements.
- Attends all HUD industry meetings and other regulatory agency meetings as required and appropriate.
- Assists in developing, monitoring, and maintaining portfolio’s annual budget.
- Prepares management and financial/occupancy reports as may be requested from time to time.
- Audits end of month reports on Yardi system and prepares quarterly variance reports for each property.
- Assists in the preparation of annual property operating budgets.
- Assures that all audit information requested by internal departments is supplied in an accurate and timely manner and works closely with Compliance Staff to ensure files meet regulatory requirements.
- Oversees rent roll receivable, makes recommendations to reduce outstanding amounts.
- Leads regular collection of subsidy payments from third party providers, including SFHA.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly variance reports, including turnover, rent collections, recertifications.
- Works collaboratively with the Facilities Manager and across departments, including Resident Services, Finance, Asset Management and Housing Development.
- Meets with Resident Services Supervisor monthly to review resident issues and legal coordinator on potential legal cases to ensure RS and Property management coordination.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Familiarity with affordable housing management principles and practices, including funding and regulatory requirements, landlord/tenant law, and fair housing regulations
- Sensitivity to challenges facing low-income affordable housing residents
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Budget preparation and analysis skills
- Ability to manage conflict and stressful situations
- Capacity to work independently and exercise own judgment in problem-solving
- High level of motivation, initiative, and flexibility
- Ability to work with people of diverse social and ethnic backgrounds
- Five (5) years’ experience in Property Management
- Five (5) years’ supervisory experience and a solid understanding of personnel management
- Extensive experience developing, monitoring, and reporting on budgets
- Excellent organizational, administrative, financial, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of HUD, HCD, SF Housing Authority, SF Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development (MOHCD), TCAC, and other guidelines/programs and unit-based subsidies
- TCS or COS certification, or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Demonstrated experience with low-income populations
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and YARDI Property Management Software, preferred
- Familiarity with the neighborhoods of the portfolio
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer skills required with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Good written and verbal communication skills required