Explore a career at EAH Housing.
Start or continue a career in real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and make a difference today.
What we offer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5%match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule, and work schedule flexibility.
We believe in work / life balance.
15 days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of service)
10 paid sick days per year
12 paid holidays
Flexible Start Times (REM Onsite Positions)
We take care of our employees.
403b Retirement Plan with 5% company match
Go 365 Wellness Program
Free Employee Medical Insurance
Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
EAP – Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services
$1,500 Employee Referral Program
EAH University, an in-house training program
Position is for a full-time Business Development Analyst HI to work at the EAH Corporate Offices in Honolulu, HI. Qualified Candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Civil Engineering, Business, or related field. Must have at least one year working in an organization staffed with various roles and functions. Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Real Estate, or other related field and experience working at a non-profit affordable housing corporation is desired. Must have access to and be able to drive a car. Must have a valid Driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance. Salary commensurate to experience.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition DEVEL003278 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Responsible for assisting with acquisition activities, including the evaluation of potential projects, marketing EAH, and responding to solicitations for proposals consistent with the company’s mission and strategic plan. Responsible for analyzing development opportunities and sources of funding and reviewing/underwriting new opportunities to be considered by the executive management team. Additional responsibilities may include assisting with initial project management including working on and submitting applications for financing and city approvals and attending public meetings. Understands and supports EAH Housing mission and core values.
- Drives and researches sites in EAH’s opportunity cities and counties.
- Researches ownership and title information on high prospect sites and cultivate relationships with property owners.
- Assists Regional VP, HI with all basic due diligence work on potential sites deemed generally viable for development purposes. Due diligence review includes reviewing preliminary title reports, evaluating infrastructure review with local public works and building officials, estimating market values through comparable sales analysis prior to appraisal, and assessing ability to obtain entitlements for contemplated projects in the context of local general plan and zoning designations.
- Creates and analyzes preliminary financial projections for potential transactions; Compiles comprehensive deal analysis packages and assesses risk associated with any acquisition for review by supervisor and Executive Team.
- Identifies, evaluates and monitors new and existing funding sources and remains up to date on the status of those sources of funding.
- Analyzes funding competition and scoring of competitive applicants in connection with various sources.
- Coordinates with project development staff on basic financial terms and conditions viable for purchase and sale agreements that are specific to the community and related subsidy environment for affordable housing developments.
- Ensures that local approvals and neighborhood acceptance of proposed housing development projects occur, including submitting use applications, and attendance at hearings and neighborhood meetings. Assists Regional VP, RED in obtaining public approvals.
- Ensures efficient transition of purchased assets to Real Estate Development group.
- Meets with Real Estate Development Department on regular basis to coordinate all acquisition activities.
- Maintains positive working relationships with lenders and grant sources.
- Works with other organizations within the housing development, healthcare, and religious communities
- to create opportunities and support for low-income housing development.
- Assists in identifying and evaluating new financial and development partners.
- Assists in creating presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Maintains Business Development paper and electronic filing system for HI RED team.
- Tracks and maintains contracts and reviews invoices for processing payments
- Updates budgets and predevelopment cashflows.
- Creates deal memos for active projects and prepares analyses of unsuccessful projects.
- Represents EAH at targeted industry conferences and seminars.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Civil Engineering; Business, or related field. At least one year working in an organization staffed with various roles and functions.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Real Estate, or other related field preferred. Experience working at a non-profit affordable housing corporation desirable.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB – 16985