The Community Property Representative will provide the Housing Authority’s primary interface with tenants at our various properties. Community Property Representative’s may reside at the designated property and will be responsible for monitoring the property for security issues, ensuring that the property is maintained in accordance to standards, reporting and/or correcting maintenance problems, showing units, and assisting with inspections. While most of the work is done during normal business hours, this position is expected to be on call after business hours and on the weekends, and may have call out responsibilities at other properties as necessary.
Classification: Represented by SHRA Employee Association
This is an On-Site position which includes a 1 Bedroom Apartment and SMUD Utilities. Living on-site is required and is a condition of employment.
Some of the job duties and responsibilities include:
- Collect delinquent rents
- Draft notices including lease violations, 3-day and 30 day notices
- Prepare weekly and daily reports, resident communication and move-in/move/out processes
- Show vacant units to perspective tenants as requested by the central office staff, secure vacant units, and provide vacancy update to central staff
- Document and communicate tenant complaints and requests to Regional Community Manager and Central Office
- Attend resident meetings and trainings as required
- Participate in the annual income certification process for existing and new residents including scheduling appointments, collecting documentation, completing, filing and scanning certification paperwork
- Process incoming rents in Yardi Daily and Weekly Community Upkeep
- Walk the full property at the start and end of each day and note any maintenance needs, hazardous conditions, graffiti, or lease violations. Report on the daily log and submit to Regional Community Manager and Central Office corrective action items.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education and one year related experience in property management
- Property Management experience preferably consists of 50 units or more and with affordable housing (tax credit) required.
- Experience providing customer service/ and working with social services programs preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
Individuals who pass screening qualifications may be invited to a written exam.
Only the most qualified and up to 50 candidates will be invited to a written examination.
Up to 16 candidates who pass the written examination will be invited to an oral examination. Only those who successfully pass the oral examination will be placed on an eligible list for this classification.
Living on-site is required and is a condition of employment.
As a condition of employment with SHRA, this employee will be required to complete a COVID-19 vaccination recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (including for emergency use) and provide proof of vaccination to the Human Resources Department prior to employment.
SHRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.