Explore a career at EAH Housing.
Start or continue a career in real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and make a difference today.
What we offer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5% match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule, and work schedule flexibility.
We believe in work / life balance.
15 days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of service)
10 paid sick days per year
12 paid holidays
We take care of our employees.
403b Retirement Plan with 5% company match
Go 365 Wellness Program
Free Employee Medical Insurance
Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
EAP – Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services
$1,500 Employee Referral Program
EAH Academy, an in-house training program
This position is for a full-time (40 hrs/wk) Compliance Training Manager to work at EAH Corporate in San Rafael, CA. The Compliance Training Manager is responsible for creating and presenting affordable housing compliance-related training and providing initial and continuing education for Compliance and Real Estate Management team members. Qualified Candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education/training/experience. Qualified Candidates will have experience in reporting to and working with agencies such as HUD, TCAC, CDBG, HOME, USRDA, HCD, and investors. COS, LIHTC certification and knowledge in Yardi is desired. Salary range: $64,480 – $97,760 per year; hiring range for new employees is generally $64,480 – $81,120 per year, DOE.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition COMPL003151 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Under the direction of the Director of Compliance, responsible for creating and presenting affordable housing compliance-related training and providing initial and continuing education for Compliance and Real Estate Management team members. Performs a variety of duties, including designing and presenting training content and materials to new hires and existing employees. In collaboration with the Learning and Development Manager, develops affordable housing compliance learning strategy for EAH Housing that supports our strategic plan. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, develops, and presents compliance training using relevant manuals and knowledge of affordable housing compliance-related federal regulations and state rules. Collaborates with the Compliance Director in the creation and update of compliance related training materials and compliance manuals.
- Creates training videos and PowerPoint presentations for staff in small and large settings such as EAH University.
- Develops, improves, and delivers ongoing training sessions related to acclimating new hires to affordable housing compliance policies and procedures, as well as affordable housing program rules during the onboarding process.
- Develops, improves, and delivers ongoing basic, intermediate, and advanced continuing education sessions.
- Maintains education calendar on Microsoft Outlook ensuring training dates do not conflict with other departmental scheduled training dates.
- In collaboration with Learning and Development Manager, registers learners for e-learning tracks, agency training and workshops. Manages staff compliance-related certifications and designations.
- Evaluates outcomes and the impact of training and improves/updates content as needed based on changing company and agency rules, regulations, policies and required forms.
- Develops follow-up sessions and materials to encourage ongoing application of skills learned in learning sessions.
- Coordinates with Compliance Managers to identify and make recommendations related to learning needs identified through internal and agency file audits..
- Coordinates with Compliance Project Manager to train and prepare onsite staff on lease-up and
- acquisition/rehabilitation tasks.
- Attends mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and Emergency Action Plan.
- Regular and predictable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), HUD, USDA RD, Fair Housing, Section 504, HOME, CDBG regulations and certification requirements.
- Ability to learn new affordable housing programs and become a subject matter expert on regulations, policies, procedures and required forms.
- Experience in designing and delivering training.
- Able to be creative in solving problems and issues to bring site files into compliance.
- Must be personable, friendly, and helpful while keeping a professional demeanor.
- Self-motivated; able to work well independently.
- Ability to use computer/adapt to different software.
- Ability to organize materials for mobility
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team and in a collaborative manner with staff, peers, and supervisor. Must be able to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to interpret and understand tenant file information.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, including the ability to provide technical assistance to complex compliance issues in a simple, straightforward manner.
- Ability to adapt to changes in structures and work priorities.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook and Yardi.
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to travel to assigned properties.
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Work Environment
- May require frequent travel to properties
- Willing and able to work outside normal business hours.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education/training/experience.
- Experience –
- 3 – 5 years as a Compliance Specialist and/or Sr. Compliance Analyst.
- 2 – 3 years as a site manager with either a HUD or Tax Credit property experience.
- 3 – 5 years developing and facilitating affordable housing compliance training.
- Experience in reporting to and working with agencies such as HUD, TCAC, CDBG, HOME, USRDA, HCD, and investors.
- Experience responding to Section 504 Reason
- Must have valid driver’s license and DMV clearance.
- Must have access to reliable vehicle and maintain own auto insurance in accordance with EAH minimum requirements.
- Fair Housing Training experience.
- COS and LIHTC certified.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge of YARDI.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be fully vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., fully vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985