Assists the Managing Director in the management of all responsibilities related to the administration of the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program. Provides leadership and support to staff and ensures that all work prepared by the department is in compliance.
Operational and Support Staff as assigned
- As a key member of the leadership team, supports the Managing Director in ensuring that all contract requirements/goals and corporate requirements of the department are achieved on time and within budget.
- Oversees the operational functions tied to the administration of the Program.
- Evaluates and interprets HUD regulations and guidelines as they pertain to the Program. Maintains program compliance with all statutory, regulatory, contractual, or other applicable standards.
- Ensures that program operations are performing at a high level throughout the year and are achieving all performance standards and quality metrics.
- Performs full or partial supervisory responsibilities including assigning and reviewing work, training, hiring, and performance evaluation.
- Identifies areas of compliance risk and oversees risk audits as necessary.
- Provides accurate data and reporting as required for regular contract performance reporting.
- Represents the Program in a highly professional manner to representatives of federal and local agencies of government, the private housing industry, and community groups as necessary.
- Coordinates flow of appropriate communication, information, guidance and direction throughout the operation.
- Integrates professional customer service and corporate values into all levels of operations.
- Requires all division staff to maintain a high degree of professionalism and exceptional internal and external customer service in the exercise of their duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to energize, motivate and provide effective leadership to sustain a productive organization serving a diverse, limited income population.
- Ability to think creatively and apply concepts to daily operations.
- Ability to analyze administrative systems and data, and develop structures and strategies designed to provide high quality, cost effective service to the public.
- Skilled in sustaining a collaborative, teamwork style of management.
- Ability to interpret and implement complex and changing federal policies and regulations.
- Strong commitment and ability to assist in the professional development and training of staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate within the organization and externally.
- Ability to understand, interpret, apply and explain federal and agency policies, regulations, and procedures are is required.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Skilled in managing multiple/competing priorities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required or 7 years relevant experience in lieu of a degree, plus 5 years progressively responsible supervisory experience.
- Five years progressively responsible experience in the administration of public or private housing and/or assisted housing programs.