The Field Compliance Specialist (FCS) will be assigned to periodic short-term projects to assist with meeting or maintaining property program compliance. The FCS will be a support to site staff and at times cover for vacant positions during transitions. The FCS will be responsible for assisting with certifications, audit preparation or corrections as assigned by the Regional Compliance Manager or Compliance Director (if applicable) and provide support to the site staff and Portfolio Managers.
* Bonus Eligible: Yes
* Sign On Bonus – $1000
* Minimum 2 years’ experience in an affordable program compliance role, with some supervisory experience with a diverse and dispersed team.
* Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience with affordable housing programs and layering, and regulatory compliance in one or more programs such as: LIHTC, HUD programs (Project Based Section 8, Section 236, PRAC, 811 PRA), USDA-Rural Development (515), HCD, HOME Funds and Bonds. Must also have experience with rent, income and utility allowance adjustments and updates.
* High School diploma or equivalency certificate required. College degree in a relatable field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and work experience in the field of property management.
* Affordable Housing/Tax Credit certification, preferred (C3P, HCCP, HCP-E, COS, TCS, CPO, FHC, NAHP, NAHPe, SCHM, etc.).
* Valid Driver’s License, a good driving record, current motor vehicle insurance which meets State requirements, and an operable vehicle that meets FPI’s Driving Standards and Personal Vehicle Use policy.
* Must be proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
* Strong computer skills (MS Office, Google Apps, property management-related software, email, internet).
* Embracing and exemplifying our HEART core values and incorporating them into every task performed and every interaction with clients, supervisors, team members, colleagues, residents, vendors, etc..
* Positive influencing, interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
Why look at FPI for your next career step? We are one of the largest third-party 100% fee-managed Property Management companies in the nation, an industry leader in both the Conventional and Affordable Housing spaces, managing over 850 communities (~150,000 units) across the country, and employ ~3,500 team members. We offer comprehensive compensation and benefits packages (employee-only employer paid plan available), on-going training, and plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Come join Team FPI!
FPI Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. FPI Management participates in the E-Verify program.
* High School/GED or better in Other
Licenses & Certifications
* Valid Drivers License
* Site Pro
* Rent Roll
* Microsoft Word
* Microsoft Excel
* Google Drive
* Adobe Acrobat
* Google Mail (GMail)
* Internet Use
* Basic Computer Skills
* Customer Service