Explore a career at EAH Housing.
Start or continue a career in real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and make a difference today.
What we offer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5% match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule, and work schedule flexibility.
We believe in work / life balance.
15 days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of service)
10 paid sick days per year
12 paid holidays
Flexible Start Times (REM Onsite Positions)
We take care of our employees.
403b Retirement Plan with 5% company match
Go 365 Wellness Program
Free Employee Medical Insurance
Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
EAP – Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services
$1,500 Employee Referral Program
EAH University, an in-house training program
Position is for a full-time Fundraising Manager to work in the EAH Corporate office located in San Rafael, CA. This is a hybrid remote position. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field such as: Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Information Design, Digital Media/Media Arts, Urban Planning, or Nonprofit management. Must have 5+ years’ experience in fundraising and event management, with increasing levels of supervisorial experience. Salary range: $66,560 – $99,840 per year; hiring range for new employees is generally $66,560 – $83,200 per year, DOE.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition FUNDR003354 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Responsible for overall relationship management of EAH Housing constituents, vendors, clients, community partners, membership organizations and donors. This includes the design and implementation of strategies to increase organizational outreach, new business, and fundraising efforts. Functions as the data administrator of EAH Housing’s primary constituent relationship database (Salesforce) and other tracking tools. Responsible for outreach, events, and cultivation strategies to increase organizational impact around visibility, business relationships, and fundraising. Understands and supports the EAH Housing mission and core values. This position is characterized by a high degree of initiative, responsibility, accountability and ability to collaborate with a wide variety of staff, donors, individuals, community based organizations, governmental entities, press, business partners, vendors and elected officials.
Events Management / Community Engagement
- Oversees rollout of four to six (4-6) special events in California and Hawaii per year. This includes new property groundbreakings and grand openings, fundraising galas/luncheons, housing advocacy events, community engagement events, and donor cultivation events.
- Implements all aspects of event planning, including but not limited to budgeting, scheduling, sponsorship solicitation, vendor management, invoices, event logistics, event software, talking points, supervision of volunteers and/or staff, and annual planning.
- Manages and maintains accurate and complete financial records for each event.
- Supports Real Estate Management and Real Estate Development departments with community outreach, constituent efforts, and community engagement strategies.
- Oversees fundraising campaigns including donor stewardship, solicitations, cultivation of prospects, long-term strategic planning, and ongoing relationship management.
- Identifies prospective donors, cultivates existing donors, and secures new, recurring, and increasing donations through direct mail, electronic solicitations, appeals, and events.
- Executes one to two (1-2) fundraising appeals annually.
- Serves as technical lead on maintaining and developing processes within the database. Serves as CRM/database trainer and system administrator.
- Creates and maintains Salesforce user manual detailing rules/procedures for data management, entry, coding, etc.
- Oversees development of user training and support materials.
- Working with Data and Fund Development Associate, oversees data queries/reports for appeals, events, campaigns, mailings, newsletter, emails, and other communications.
- Analyzes constituent giving trends for stewardship purposes, as well as prospect identification.
- Monitors trends in best use of Salesforce features to better accomplish the relationship management, communications, and fundraising goals of EAH Housing.
- Working with Data and Fund Development Associate, oversees reconciliation and closing of monthly development financials with accounting team.
- Provides support to other duties in the Communications Department as needed.
- Attends mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises the Data and Fund Development Associate. May direct the work of consultants, vendors, or part-time project support. Hires, trains, and manages schedules. Provides ongoing performance feedback including coaching, counseling, and disciplining as necessary. Conducts regular meetings for purposes of problem solving, encouraging, and training.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field such as: Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Information Design, Digital Media/Media Arts, Urban Planning, or Nonprofit management. 5+ years’ experience in fundraising and event management, with increasing levels of supervisorial experience
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985