Do you have experience with procedures, processes, worksheets and meeting deadlines? Do you like making a difference in the lives of others? If so, our Housing Specialist position may be a good fit for you.
SUMMARY: The Housing Specialist performs various program activities that include processing applications for eligibility, verifying participant’s status to ensure continued eligibility, preparing documents and verifying information in conformance with U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) regulations. If you are familiar with housing, transaction assignments may include: eligibility determination, leasing, annual re-certifications, interim changes, portability, moves, rent increases, rent reasonableness, hearing preparation and terminations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts assigned activities and transactions. Completes assigned work timely and accurately.
- Answers inquiries from participants, owners, applicants and the general public with the highest level of professionalism.
- Conducts all activities to ensure nondiscrimination.
- Maintains productivity information.
- Determines eligibility for program participation.
- Reviews applications, verifications and other documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness; ensures that required documentation is distributed to correct parties.
- Establishes and maintains individual applicant/participant files and handles all personally identifiable information (PII) in strictest confidence.
- Performs accurate and timely data entry to maintain updated computer files.
- Coordinates activities with Supervisors, Managers, Inspectors, and other coworkers.
- Required to obtain Housing Choice Voucher Specialist certification within one year of hire.
- Two years of experience in an environment requiring extensive public contact or customer service, procedures and processes. Accounting, mortgage processing, and direct customer interfacing experience a plus.
- Strong computer skills.