Lead Resident Services Coordinator (8912-Services)
Explore a career at EAH Housing.
Start or continue a career in real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and make a difference today.
What we offer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5% match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule, and work schedule flexibility.
We believe in work / life balance.
15 days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of service)
10 paid sick days per year
12 paid holidays
Leave Early Fridays (REM Onsite Positions)
Flexible Start Times (REM Onsite Positions)
We take care of our employees.
403b Retirement Plan with 5% company match
Go 365 Wellness Program
Free Employee Medical Insurance
Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
EAP – Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services
$1,500 Employee Referral Program
EAH University, an in-house training program
This position is for a full-time Lead Resource Coordinator will be based at EAH Corporate in San Rafael, CA. This Lead role will be supervising Resource Coordinators located in the North and East Bay region, CA. Position will be supervising staff working on special needs, multi-family and senior housing properties. Qualified candidates will have 5 years of prior social work experience, including working with individuals who have experienced homelessness. Pay is commensurate with experience.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do.
For immediate consideration, please apply to RESID002656 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Examines the needs for on-site services and explores ways programs and services can be brought to
the properties in assigned portfolio with a focus on special needs communities. Creates partnerships in local
communities and oversees relationships and agreements with program partners in portfolio, including city, county,
and state entities. Supervises Resident Services Coordinators in the assigned portfolio. Works with the Director of
Permanent Supportive Housing in promoting Best Practices for Supportive Housing Environments. Understands
and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
- Utilizes and reviews results of intake survey/needs assessments to determine what types of programs and
services would benefit the residents.
- Makes recommendations regarding programs and services based on survey results and needs of
property/ies that align with StayWell service delivery model.
- Working with Resident Services Leadership, develops service coordination goals and programs
consistent with portfolio and organization goals.
- Oversees the delivery of services and program activities to residents in region. Provides or oversees provision
of assistance and referral services to all residents needing assistance in assigned portfolio.
- Sets up and maintains a directory of providers for use by project staff and residents. Obtains resident
feedback on effectiveness and quality of programs and their delivery.
- Monitors participating agency involvement for quality and compliance with memorandums of understanding.
Maintains activity notes and resident participation report and prepares all statistical and narrative program
reports as required by funding entities and EAH management.
- Interfaces with provider agencies, public agencies, and community volunteer groups to maximize
effectiveness of program activities.
- Supervises Resident Services Coordinators in assigned properties or portfolio. Ensures that properties in
assigned portfolio provide services consistent with established EAH standards. With input from the
Manager, Resident Services, Director, Resident Services and Resident Managers, prepares annual
reviews for supervised staff. Provides mentorship to Resident Services Coordinators within assigned
portfolio. Works with Manager, Resident Services to create individual training plans for each person
supervised and coordinate all new hire training and mentoring.
- Working with Director, Resident Services, Manager, Resident Services and Communications Department,
oversees and/or actively seeks grant funding and other sources of income to support the services budgets.
- Obtains written release/consent from residents to access their records.
- Works with Technology Programs Manager to develop and implement technology programs for residents.
- Works with Manager of Community Engagement on special initiatives.
- Monitors all reporting through Family Metrics and/or AASC online and ensures accuracy of data entered by
staff. Provides monthly reports to Director of Resident Services.
- Prepares and holds quarterly meetings with Resident Services staff in assigned portfolio. Assists the
residents in building informal support networks with other residents, family, and friends.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan
- Regular and predictable attend
Bachelor’s degree in social service, healthcare, or related field, or equivalent combination of
education and/or experience. At least 5 years of social service experience working with the elderly, families and/or the
disabled, or some related field. At least 1 year experience supervising staff, strongly preferred.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in affordable housing environment with senior, special needs, and multi-family properties.
- Experience in fundraising and writing grants.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have received such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985