Explore a career at EAH Housing.
Start or continue a career in real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and make a difference today.
What we offer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5% match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule, and work schedule flexibility.
We believe in work / life balance.
15 days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of service)
10 paid sick days per year
12 paid holidays
Flexible Start Times (REM Onsite Positions)
We take care of our employees.
403b Retirement Plan with 5% company match
Go 365 Wellness Program
Free Employee Medical Insurance
Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
EAP – Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services
$1,500 Employee Referral Program
EAH University, an in-house training program
This position is for a full-time Maintenance Supervisor II to work at Crescent Park Apartments, a 378-unit affordable family housing community in Richmond, CA. Qualified Candidates must have 2+ years of related apartment maintenance experience and have knowledge and skills in plumbing, electrical and general maintenance. Must have a CA drivers license, Clean DMV and Reliable Transportation. Supervisory experience and HVAC Certification preferred. Salary range: $64,480 – $97,760 annually; hiring range for new employees is generally $64,480 -$81,120 annually, DOE.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition MAINT002950 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Oversees the property’s physical operations. Work (maintenance, supervisory, and administrative) relates to the upkeep, repair, and maintenance of buildings, grounds, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, security, and electrical systems. Responsibilities include organizing staff’s workloads so that routine and preventative maintenance work are done on a timely basis, maintaining and updating files and documents (both electronically and on paper), coordinating with vendors, and supervising maintenance staff on routine, safety, and emergency procedures. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
Routine In-House Maintenance
- Develops routine maintenance program and schedule.
- Establishes and follows a work priority system.
- Performs or oversees performance of routine work orders.
- Oversees vacant unit turnovers by performing or overseeing the performance of janitorial, painting and repair work done to the unit. Turnovers to completed within 5 days (or sooner if directed by supervisor)
- Develops preventative maintenance program and schedule.
- Performs or oversee performance of preventative maintenance.
- Schedules and supervises facility vendors.
- Assists Resident Manager in evaluating progress inspections of on-site work performed by outside contractors.
- Oversees vendor contract administration (including scope of work, request for proposals, bids, deliverables, and evaluation of vendor performance).
- Updates and maintain property records, such as work schedules and work order logs.
- Maintains work areas and storage in a tidy, safe, and secure condition at all times.
- Maintains accurate inventory of all tools and parts; ordering parts and supplies as needed
- Supervises maintenance staff in a positive and effective manner – see “Supervisory Responsibilities” section below for specific responsibilities.
- Inspects the property on a daily basis to ensure safety, cleanliness and attractiveness.
- Assists Manager with inspections, such as annual unit inspections or regulatory agency inspections.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident, applicant, and or employee information.
- Attends mandatory trainings and meetings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan, including following correct procedures for lifting and moving heavy equipment and materials, and wearing Personal Protective Equipment, as necessary.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervises 3 or more full-time Maintenance Technicians and/or Janitors/Groundskeepers.
- Orients new employees to position.
- Trains staff on emergency procedures and employee safety.
- Approves timesheets and time-off requests.
- Sets and oversee employee work schedules.
- Provides performance feedback to employees, including coaching, counseling and disciplining.
- Assist Property Manager with hiring and evaluating maintenance employees.
- Conducts regular meetings for discussions, problem solving, encouraging, and training.
High School Diploma or GED. Two years as a residential property maintenance worker. Supervisory experience preferred. Construction experience preferred. Valid Driver’s License. HVAC Certification (required at some locations)Certified Pool Operator (CPO) designation preferred.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be fully vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., fully vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985