Managing Director of Homeownership
601 S Belvidere St, Richmond, VA 23220, USA Req #413
Wednesday, December 28, 2022
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Managing Director of Homeownership.
This important role is a member of the Leadership Team of Virginia Housing and is responsible for motivating, developing, directing and guiding the Homeownership division. The Managing Director of Homeownership develops, directs, and manages all activities related to the homeownership development line of business for Virginia Housing, including the satellite and mobile offices. This position is responsible for the direction and management of Virginia Housing’s servicing and homeownership activities including the promotion of supporting programs and services. The Managing Director of Homeownership provides vision and leadership for Virginia Housing’s homeownership programs and is accountable for allocating resources and developing new programs to address Virginia’s critical housing needs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively with business units within Virginia Housing on the development, implementation, and monitoring of strategies to advance housing opportunities in response to market and stakeholder needs.
- Continuously evaluating the performance of the division and implementing process improvements.
- Identifying and mitigating single points of failure within the division and develop effective succession plans.
- Representing the Homeownership division in development and execution of Virginia Housing’s strategic plan.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Advanced degree in public administration, urban planning, community development, finance, business administration or similar area or equivalent professional/technical certification.
- Many years of progressive leadership experience in an executive role in mortgage banking within the mortgage industry with at least five years in a senior management role of a medium size homeownership and rental-housing portfolio.
- Experience managing mortgage loan originations in compliance with all relevent legislation.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in mortgage finance or lending with relevant duties, including experience in analyzing and executing complex transactions, managing legal risks, and negotiating complex agreements and financial instruments.
- Experience overseeing loan servicing, loss prevention and deliquency management.
- Senior level experience managing professional staff.
- Working knowledge of federal and state housing programs.
- Experience in driving strategy and enterprise priorities.
- Hands on experience performance coaching team members to meet their potential.
- An innovative, problem-solving mindset with ability to think strategically.
Preferred experience includes an advanced degree with knowledge and progressive responsible work experience in project finance or lending with relevant duties, including experience in analyzing and executing complex commercial transactions, managing legal risks, and negotiating complex agreements and financial instruments.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
This position will be located at our headquarters location.
Hiring Range: $217,337 – $282,536
Hybrid work model (3 days in office, 2 days remote)
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
– EOE –