Type: Full-time, hybrid (remote/in-office)
Benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 403b with employer match
PTO: 15 days vacation, 10 days sick annually
BRIDGE Housing strengthens communities by developing, owning and managing high-quality, affordable homes for working families and seniors. We are looking for an Occupancy Specialist to join our dedicated team!
Reporting to the Compliance Manager, the Occupancy Specialist will be responsible for reviewing resident recertification files for the assigned properties.
- Review income certification files of assigned properties for accuracy and ensure all appropriate documentation/verification has been completed.
- Collaborate with on-site Resident Managers to ensure files are completed timely and within State, Federal and City program qualification guidelines.
- Update internal tracking and reporting systems, along with Bridges electronic file storage system.
- Attend, prepare for and respond to file audits
- Assist in training of new site staff according to Bridge Policies
- Serve as main point of contact for site staff on all program compliance related questions.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Knowledge of Affordable Housing occupancy regulations.
- Experience with Yardi or similar property management software
- One or more of the following industry certifications: COS (Certified Occupancy Specialist), CPO (Certified Profession of Occupancy), TCS (Tax Credit Specialist); SCS – (Site Compliance Specialist) or SHCM –Specialist in Housing Credit Management or any related designation certification.
- Bachelors Degree
BRIDGE Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment for our diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Pursuant to the California Fair Chance Act, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest records. Should you need any assistance or accommodation in our application process, please contact us at the phone number listed on our website.
Health and Safety
Consistent with BRIDGE’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we have adopted a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large. Under this policy, all BRIDGE employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a reasonable accommodation is requested by the employee and approved by Human Resources.