To apply, please visit:
Then click APPLY NOW to start your application
Who we are
The Vancouver Housing Authority (VHA) works closely with local governments and other community partners throughout Clark County to address issues of affordable housing and homelessness and help families break the cycle of poverty.
Who we are looking for
We are recruiting for a Policy and Moving To Work (MTW) Manager to lead and manage the VHA efforts related to creating and implementing changes in policy to promote and advance the VHA’s mission through our Administrative Plan, MTW authority, or other avenues.
What you’ll do
• Uses an equity lens when developing policy and is an integral part of VHA’s efforts around diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Creates and helps implement outreach plans to ensure that people affected by policy decisions are part of the decision-making process.
• Represents the VHA in policy conversations with community partners, elected officials, and the public.
• Writes and updates the Sections 8 Administrative Plan and the Public Housing Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy documents.
• Maintains housing program standards and schedules including utility allowance schedules and HCV payment standards.
• Gathers data, performs analysis and makes recommendations for new and existing initiatives, policies, and procedures to ensure that implementation remains consistent with policy objectives and according to timelines.
• Develops and implements program evaluation tools and strategical reports to measure cost and work flow effectiveness and evaluates performance of initiatives and strategies using clearly defined goals and metrics.
• Develops and conducts presentations for residents, management board members, staff, and stakeholders on concepts and changes related to MTW activities.
• Writes and submits the agency’s annual MTW plan and report; and other documents related to reporting and accounting of MTW initiatives.
• Represents the issues arising with the MTW agreement, annual plans, and annual reports.
What we offer
• The STARTING SALARY range is $6,627 – $8,416 per month based on experience. The full salary range is $6,627 – $10,205 per month. The final candidate for this position will be paid within the STARTING SALARY RANGE.
• Full-time, exempt position.
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
• Benefits package also includes 10.39% paid into WA PERS by employer, 12 company paid holidays, and generous paid time off accrual.
• Meaningful work that addresses affordable housing and homelessness in our community.
What you’ll bring
• Bachelor degree with major course work in strategic planning, affordable housing, public policy, economics, or related field; or equivalent.
• Three or more years of increasingly responsible experience in policy development in a highly regulated environment.
• Lived or work experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion and applying an equity lens.
• Experience developing, administering and evaluating programs related to Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers preferred.
A cover letter and resume are required when applying for this position. For more information on the Vancouver Housing Authority please visit our website at www.vhausa.com. Please note, those candidates deemed to best match our requirements will be contacted for an interview. We do not discuss application status during the selection process. Applications will be reviewed as they come in.
The VHA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.