SHRA is seeking an exceptional, team-oriented candidate to work at the Project Coordinator level for the Real Estate and Construction Services department. This position will serve as a Project Coordinator alongside the Program Manager with a general knowledge of various construction disciplines, coordinating multiple design/construction projects for the Agency.
This position will perform construction oversight as needed, plan and supervise construction projects, coordinate the work of outside construction firms of various disciplines, and provide construction management on a variety of projects involving public infrastructure improvements, building construction and rehabilitation, building demolition, and other types of Public Works projects as assigned.
SHRA employees have the opportunity to perform meaningful and impactful work for an agency dedicated to providing affordable housing in the most impacted region of the nation.
Education: B.S. in Civil Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and field experience.
Experience: Must have 4+ years of project management experience with extensive knowledge of construction industry. Preference to candidates with multi- or single family housing experience.
Some of the essential job functions include:
Collaboration and Communication
- Coordinate with City and County staff and Utility companies, including Public Works Department, Planning and Building Departments, PG&E, SMUD, Fire Departments, etc.
- Confer with and coordinate the efforts of engineers, architects, general contractors, building inspectors, owners, and supervisors
- Provide written correspondence and create reports of various types
- Develop and maintain working relationships with the project’s building officials and inspectors and be responsible for scheduling all required jurisdictional inspections and testing.
- Represent the Agency in response to emergencies and time-sensitive projects
- Report to supervisor on status of workload and progress on projects
- Work with internal Agency teams on various projects
- Maintain and organize project information on appropriate computer programs
- Implement Agency policies and practices as delegated.
- Present project concepts and designs to clients, community groups and governing boards
- Meet with clients/users as needed to discuss needs and evolution of projects through design
- Market Agency project management services to “sister” agencies and non-profit organizations
- Recommend changes in work processes as appropriate
Project Construction Management and Coordination
- Prepare and/or review drawings, specifications and cost estimates
- Assess scope of work for cost effectiveness
- Evaluate and monitor work progress
- Evaluate and monitor code compliance
- Supervise the work of subordinate staff and provide guidance when needed
- Develop Request for Proposals and Qualifications (RFP & RFQ’s) for professional services
- Develop consultants’ scope of work for contracts
- Create project schedules and assign resources to tasks
- Assist in securing governing board approval for projects
- Coordinate work of consultants, including assigning work and establishing deadlines Project Design Management
- Manage and coordinate consultants’ work
- Review and approve payment for consultant services
- Obtain final project approvals from public entities for Agency-owned projects
- Meet with community groups on the project as required during design
- Obtain building permits for projects
- Coordinate contracting with procurement services
- Prepare construction contracts and route for signatures
SHRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.