Explore a career at EAH Housing.
Start or continue a career in real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and make a difference today.
What we offer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5% match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule, and work schedule flexibility.
We believe in work / life balance.
15 days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of service)
10 paid sick days per year
12 paid holidays
Flexible Start Times (REM Onsite Positions)
We take care of our employees.
403b Retirement Plan with 5% company match
Go 365 Wellness Program
Free Employee Medical Insurance
Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
EAP – Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services
$1,500 Employee Referral Program
EAH Academy, an in-house training program
This position is for a Senior Development Project Manager to work at EAH Corporate in Tarzana, CA. Qualified candidates will have a Master’s degree in any of the following fields of study: architecture, real estate development, finance, planning, economics, or construction management. Education in other fields of study would be acceptable combined with appropriate work experience. Candidates must have a minimum 5 years of related work or field work experience in matters related to affordable housing development such as residential architecture, finance, planning, construction, etc. Must have California LIHTC knowledge and experience. Salary range: $105,000.00 to $175,000.00 per year; hiring range for new employees is generally $105,000.00 to $140,000.00 per year, DOE.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition PROJE003422 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Under the direction of Chief Real Estate Development Officer (CREDO) and/or the Director of Real Estate Development (RED), performs a wide variety of tasks directly related to the planning, development and advocacy of affordable housing projects from acquisition through construction and occupancy. This position is characterized by a high degree of initiative, responsibility, accountability and ability to work both independently and congenially with a wide variety of individuals, community based organization and governmental entities, with minimal supervision. The Senior Project Manager also assists with the development aspects of projects currently owned or managed by EAH, Inc.
- Evaluates development opportunities, conducts initial feasibility analysis; creates a development strategy; negotiates purchase agreements; coordinates community acceptance planning.
- Obtains project financing, including preparing financing applications (TCAC, CDLAC, HCD, HUD, AHP), creating and implementing deal structures, coordinating negotiation of legal agreements for financing, and maintaining knowledge of current financing programs, particularly Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC).
- Manages development team, including selecting and hiring of design, construction and other consultants necessary to develop the project; coordinates and monitors the work of the professional consultants; ensures work is finished and obtains internal approvals; manages, contracts and billing process.
- Obtains public approval by developing and implementing community acceptance strategies; obtaining public entitlement and permits; giving public presentations on behalf of the project.
- Monitors construction process by negotiating construction documents and contracts; monitoring construction progress and resolving conflicts; overseeing draws and monitoring cost and budget.
- Assists Real Estate Management Department and Asset Management Department with project transition
- by preparing documentation with essential project information for ongoing operation.
- Works with and supports other EAH departments by utilizing effective lines of communication for exchange of information necessary during design, construction and rent up.
- Advocates for affordable housing by giving public presentations, participating in community and public policy groups; attending conferences, and staying informed of public policies affecting affordable housing.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Some management duties of support staff (Interns or Assistant Project Manager) which include workflow and review of work for accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education – Master’s degree in any of the following fields of study: architecture, real estate development, finance, planning, economics, or construction management. Education in other fields of study would be acceptable combined with appropriate work experience.
Experience – Minimum 5 years of related work or field work experience in matters related to
affordable housing development such as residential architecture, finance, planning, construction, etc.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Demonstrated ability of success in performing full life cycle of development cycle, which include financial closings, construction administration, lease up/conversion and receipt of IRS form 8609 on multiple new construction or rehabilitation of LIHTC deals.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985