Are you interested in work that makes a difference in the lives of others? At Way Finders, we light pathways and open doors to homes and communities where people thrive. Way Finders is the largest affordable housing organization in western Massachusetts. Since 1983, our Real Estate Division has transformed neighborhoods through the design and planning of new housing and the acquisition and renovation of existing properties. The most recent additions to our portfolio of affordable housing for low-income families include Live 155 and The Lumber Yard in Northampton and Library Commons in Holyoke.
Way Finders is a mission-oriented nonprofit organization that offers a fast-paced, professional work environment focused on achievement. We employ individuals with a strong commitment to excellence, a collaborative nature, and the desire to make a difference. Way Finders currently has an exciting opportunity for a Property Manager. The Property Manager will promote our mission-driven work through oversight of the financial performance, compliance and quality assurance measures, and tenant satisfaction of their portfolio, while ensuring motivated supervision and development of personnel.
The candidate will work fully onsite.
- Manage the operational and financial performance of assigned properties to meet or exceed established goals, policies, and procedures
- Ensure properties comply with all state building and sanitary codes, and owner or funding source requirements, in part through the initiation and maintenance of highly professional, effective, and collaborative external and internal relationships
- Ensure all required repairs, improvements, and apartment turnovers are completed to the highest standard in a safe and timely manner, working collaboratively to obtain bids, quotes, and specifications
- Travel throughout the portfolio as assigned and as necessary
- Recruit, orient, and train staff; evaluate and provide timely feedback on performance-related matters; assess staff members’ strengths and developmental needs; implement performance plans to ensure the development and/or maintenance of necessary skills while fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Provide effective tenant orientation, communication, and problem-solving that achieves a high level of tenant satisfaction; maintain occupancy goals through the development and ongoing implementation of tenant retention plans
- Work closely with the Vice President and across departments to establish and adhere to property performance and budgetary goals, including contributing to the planning, design, and development of new properties
- Maintain an up-to-date operations-and-regulations manual for each property
- Provide accurate and timely reports, communication, and liaison to the Asset Manager and other internal staff, reporting agencies, as well as to tenant associations, boards, and entities
- Proactively identify and inform the Vice President and/or the Senior Vice President of any significant issues that may adversely affect the agency
- Remain current with funding source regulations, affordable rental housing trends, tenant rights, and reasonable accommodation and other policies, property management codes and regulations to ensure compliance
- Assistant Property Managers, Maintenance Technicians, Janitors, and vendors/contractors as appropriate
- 3 years’ progressively responsible experience in property management; a combination of experience and an Associate degree may be a substitute
- 1 year in a supervisory or lead role
- Knowledge of tax credits, rural development, and Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) regulations preferred
- Certified Property Manager (CPM) certification preferred
- Experience in management or a leadership role
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to serve diverse populations
- Advanced organizational skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention-to-detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and ease in learning new software or technology
- Clear and timely written and oral communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record; reliable vehicle
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred, but not required
Benefits include: Generous paid time-off | 12+ holidays annually | Health, dental, and vision insurance options | Educational assistance | Medical Reimbursement Account | Dependent Care Account | 403(b) retirement plan with employer match | Life insurance | Short-term and long-term disability insurance | Transportation benefits/Mileage reimbursement | Employee Assistance Program | Annual staff picnic!
Wage between $48,400 and $60,501 per year depending on qualifications. Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume; applications will be accepted until the position is filled. CORI/MVR.
Way Finders is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse staff in order to reflect our community and those we serve. Qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is available to all without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or veteran status. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals.