Are you looking for an opportunity to move your career forward with an established industry leader? Join our team at Atlantic Pacific Companies.
Atlantic | Pacific Companies is a dynamic industry leader with a growing and diverse portfolio of properties throughout Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Maryland, Columbia, Texas, and Southern California.
At Atlantic | Pacific, we believe we are only as good as our people. We value diversity, promote innovation, and encourage continuous learning. Our family culture drives our actions, and we take great pride in our community of capable professionals. We focus on providing the necessary tools for a healthy and productive work environment and opportunities for growth and advancement to create a mutually beneficial relationship between employees, owners, and customers.
The Regional Director of Operations (Affordable Housing) is primarily responsible for leading a team of Regional Managers in the day-to-day operations of an assigned affordable housing portfolio. This person will be responsible for the performance and profitability of communities within the assigned portfolio and will support the implementation of programs and strategies by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. The Director MUST have HUD and LIHTC EXPERIENCE.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directly supervises a team of Regional Managers within an assigned portfolio. Handles all interviews, hiring, and training. Carries out supervisory responsibilities by APM’s policies and procedures and applicable laws.
- Monitors the operational and financial performance of properties within the portfolio. Directs property operations and ensures the financial objectives are met.
- Reviews portfolio performance by evaluating marketing, leasing, pricing, and financial strategies.
· Provides financial and operational oversight at both the property and portfolio levels to ensure the economic viability of the properties. Supervise the annual budget process with regional and property managers, investment partners, and accounting resources.
- Acts as primary property management liaison with financial partners for assigned regions.
- Establishes and implements best practices and initiatives that optimize operational performance across the southeast portfolio. Drives consistency and effectiveness of process and procedure, initiating improvements when needed. Partners with Accounting, Human Resources, IT, and Marketing to ensure initiatives are implemented effectively and supported adequately within the region.
- Understands competitive positioning relative to rents, lease terms, overall occupancy, and the means to maintain a competitive edge. Monitors market trends in value, cost, and supply/demand fundamentals to identify acquisition and disposition opportunities and continuously reviews portfolio for opportunities to add value through renovation, expansion, or repositioning of the assets and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Builds and promotes a consistent APM corporate culture, customer service, and work ethic throughout the portfolio.
- Ensures properties are visited regularly by Regional Managers. Visits properties within the portfolio as necessary.
- Provides support to the Regional Management team with all escalated property or employee issues and reports issues to the Senior Director of Operations as necessary.
- Prepares and conducts Regional Manager team meetings and conference calls.
- Assists with new property acquisitions and ensures a successful transition into the APM culture, policies, and procedures.
- Attends new or current partner or investor meetings to represent APM.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Operations.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role. CAM, CAPS, or CPM designations are a plus
- Bilingual Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Must have the ability to train, develop, lead and mentor
- Must demonstrate leadership and strategic thinking skills
- Financial experience/experience-orientated working with a budget is a must
- Must have superior written and verbal communication skills
- Must have high proficiency with computer software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with One Site and Yardi is a MUST
- Flexibility with travel is a must
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university is preferred.
What We Offer:
100% Employer-Provided Health Insurance, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
Dental and Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
401(k) Retirement Plan
Employee Referral Program
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Discounts Program