Under general direction of the Portfolio Manager, and in accordance with Asset Management principles and practices/Public Housing Assessment System (PHAS) requirements and effective customer service practices: this position plans, directs, monitors, evaluates, supervises and performs a wide variety of on-site property management activities that ensure the prompt and appropriate occupancy of available units.
SHRA employees have the opportunity to perform meaningful and impactful work for an agency dedicated to providing affordable housing in the most impacted region of the nation.
Some of the job duties and responsibilities include:
- Plans, organizes and directs the day-to-day site based management and maintenance operations of public housing development(s).
- Administers rental policies of the Authority and performs and or supervises leasing and occupancy of units.
- Supervises maintenance of rental units owned by the Authority.
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of correspondence and monthly activities and status reports.
- Maintains adequate monitoring and reporting systems to ensure the adequacy, quality, and timeliness of work.
- Holds and conduct regular staff meetings, to include the communication of and training in Authority policies.
- Responsible for departmental employee training, motivation, supervision, and evaluation.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
Education Bachelor’s Degree in Property Management, Business Administration or related field plus 2 years related experience (preferred) OR Associates Degree plus 4 years related experience OR 6 years related experience.
Experience The desired experience would be in the area of property management with experience in principles and practices of asset management, affordable housing or assisted housing administration, tax credit properties, housing rehabilitation and development programs and practices, managing rental property, supervision, maintenance principles as they pertain to rental housing units, public housing laws, and agency rules, regulations, and standards. Excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills are essential to this position.
As a condition of employment with SHRA, this employee will be required to complete a COVID-19 vaccination recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (including for emergency use) and provide proof of vaccination to the Human Resources Department prior to employment.
SHRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.