Explore a career at EAH Housing.
Start or continue a career in real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and make a difference today.
What we offer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5% match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule, and work schedule flexibility.
We believe in work / life balance.
15 days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of service)
10 paid sick days per year
12 paid holidays
Flexible Start Times (REM Onsite Positions)
We take care of our employees.
403b Retirement Plan with 5% company match
Go 365 Wellness Program
Free Employee Medical Insurance
Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
EAP – Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services
$1,500 Employee Referral Program
EAH University, an in-house training program
Position is for a full-time floating Resident Manager to work at various locations in Oahu, HI. Candidate must have 1+ year of experience in affordable housing property management. Candidates must have current Real Estate license or willing to obtain one within 9 months of hire. Must be able to travel between island as needed. Yardi experience a plus. Salary Commensurate to experience.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition RESID003224 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
SUMMARY: The Resident Manager I is directly responsible for operating the site(s) in accordance with EAH administrative guidelines and Policies and Procedures to ensure effective fiscal, physical and social soundness. Takes initiative to seek solutions to problems unique to the site(s). Develops and ensures adherence to operating procedures and Traffic Light Reports, and recommends appropriate policies that support EAH’s strategic direction and plans. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
- Collects rents, makes bank deposits, prepares and submits an accurate rent roll in a timely manner.
- Uses site computer software to accurately enter all relevant transactions as described in the REM Polices and Procedures and follows back up and transmission schedules.
- Verifies incomes and complies with HUD, Tax Credit or other regulations regarding income certifications and other documentation/correspondence. Completes annual and interim re-certifications in a timely manner. Conducts annual unit inspections at time of resident re-certification.
- Ensures security of all files and records.
- Maintains a waiting list, markets units and screens applicants for vacancies according to appropriate guidelines. Prepares and processes leases, security deposit agreements, inspections and other forms for incoming residents. Conducts inspections for outgoing residents and prepares final closing statements.
- Supervises on-site staff with input from the Property Supervisor on pay changes, counseling and performance evaluations.
- Maintains regular office hours and assumes primary responsibility for tenant-management relations. Processes evictions with assistance from Supervisor.
- Assists with the preparation of budgets, common area reconciliations, and calculation of tenant charges. Regularly processes all invoices and submits to Accounting for payment.
- For HUD properties, submits vouchers by the 10th of the month
- Conducts annual unit inspections and coordinates repairs if needed in accordance with EAH Traffic Light report standards.
- Walks the grounds daily with site inspection report, making sure that everything on the property is clean and in good order.
- Assists Supervisor in developing specifications and obtaining bids from vendors/contractors to ensure quality work at reasonable cost.
- Purchases supplies not to exceed amount on employee contract without prior written approval of Property Supervisor.
- Responsible for determining, tracking and administering capital improvements and replacement programs, preventive maintenance and capital improvement programs under the direction of the Property Supervisor.
- Consistently receives shopping and phone report score of at least 90.
- Oversees and creates market surveys.
- Participates in community outreach programs and events, such as Neighborhood Watch and ongoing networking with local officials (police, fire, annual inspections).
- Plans activities for residents to encourage retention, staying within budget.
- Responds to emergencies.
- Ensures compliance with Traffic Light Report requirements.
- Implements OSHA trainings and IIPP safety program for property. Complies with all safety guidelines and ensures each employee supervised also complies with EAH safety guidelines.
- Provides training and career development to staff.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident, applicant, and employee information. AA. Attends mandatory trainings and meetings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance. DD. Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Supervises one or 2 staff members.
- Orients new employees to position.
- Trains staff on emergency procedures and employee safety.
- Approves timesheets and time-off requests.
- Sets and oversees employee work schedules.
- Provides performance feedback to employees, including coaching, counseling and disciplining.
- Hires and evaluates employees.
- Conducts regular meetings for discussions, problem solving, encouraging, and training.
- Education – High School diploma or GED
- Experience – Minimum of one year of Property Management experience, preferably in affordable housing, or three years of unrelated General Manager experience
- Must have current Real Estate license.
- Must have valid driver’s license and DMV clearance.
- Must have ready access to reliable vehicle and maintain own auto insurance in accordance with EAH minimum requirements.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB – 16985