AHC Inc. seeks an analytical and problem solver Risk Manager for this newly developed position. You need to be able to quantify risks and provide a mitigation strategy.
AHC is a nonprofit developer of affordable housing communities in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C., and provides social services and education programs to help residents thrive. We hire individuals who want to work in a dynamic, diverse environment and embrace our resident-centric mission.
About the Team
The Finance Department oversees AHC’s operating budget, risk management, accounting, and payroll. The Team has expertise in project financing, including conventional debt, fixed- and variable-rate tax-exempt bonds, historic and low-income housing tax credits, grants, and more.
AHC’s operating budget is funded through a combination of fees for services, occasional property sales, individual and corporate contributions, and government and foundation grants.
About the Job
Reporting to the CFO, the Risk Manager is responsible for developing and executing the Company’s strategic risk management plan to identify, prioritize and manage risks within the organization. The position will also lead the AHC’s efforts with insurance planning and budgeting across a wide range of areas (e.g., property, general liability, umbrella liability, crime, cyber, flood, construction, auto, environmental, and other specialty coverages) and manage the status of claims, provide support in litigation, identify trends, and quantify exposures. This position will work cross-functionally within the organization including with acquisitions and refinancings to ensure proper insurance coverage and will also be involved with major contracts, business proposals, and proposed 3rd party management agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related discipline required. MBA in complementary field preferred.
- Certified Risk Manager (CRM), Certified Risk Management Professional (CRMP), Financial Risk Manager (FRM), or comparable certification is a plus.
- 5-10+ years of experience in real estate, construction, or development with positions of increased responsibility in Finance, Compliance, Auditing, Insurance, and Risk Management.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Ability to influence outcomes; demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment;
- Proficient in MS Office, with advanced Excel skills
Working at AHC
AHC has a Hybrid Work Schedule with staff working onsite on our core days (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday). Staff may work remotely on Wednesday and Friday.
AHC is committed to promoting Equity in our work. Systemic inequity is a reality. As such, central to our mission is addressing it in whom we hire, how we engage with the community, and with whom we partner. We strive to advance initiatives that promote more equitable access to resources for residents and neighborhoods served by AHC, and we will accelerate our mission by advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion among our industry peers and business partners.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please make sure to submit a cover letter when applying.
Learn more about AHC by visiting our website www.ahcinc.org.