Explore a career at EAH Housing.
Start or continue a career in real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and make a difference today.
What we offer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5% match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule, and work schedule flexibility.
We believe in work / life balance.
15 days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of service)
10 paid sick days per year
12 paid holidays
We take care of our employees.
403b Retirement Plan with 5% company match
Go 365 Wellness Program
Free Employee Medical Insurance
Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
EAP – Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services
$1,500 Employee Referral Program
EAH Academy, an in-house training program
This position is for a full time (40 hours/week) Senior Accountant – Corporate to work at EAH Corporate in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, or equivalent education/experience. 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit affordable housing environment or 5+ years of bookkeeping/accounting experience. Salary range: $75,600 – $118,965 per year; hiring range for new employees is generally $75,600 – $97,283 per year, DOE.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition SRACC003345 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Under general supervision, performs accounting support duties in general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable and routine accounting duties such as analysis of accounts, preparation of monthly financial statements/reports and bank reconciliations for corporate accounts. Performs specialized calculations, posting and accounting functions as assigned by supervisor. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
- Maintains, analyzes, and reconciles general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and bank accounts.
- Prepares each month’s accounting financial statements and reports required in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with organization policies.
- Prepares & Processes journal entries posting as needed.
- Reconciles financial records of balance sheet accounts (i.e., assets, liabilities), income and expenses
- Analyzes and reconciles different account discrepancies and accounting issues.
- Maintains professional relationships with all Accounting team members.
- Responds to vendors, auditors, as wells other EAH departments inquiries.
- Responds to and works with auditors throughout the entire audit process and prepares annual year end backup support schedules for auditors.
- Actively participates in EAH’s safety program.
- Actively participates in required training.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
No direct supervisory responsibilities, however, may provide work leadership to others through assignment of work, monitoring of progress, review of results, orientation, and technical instruction.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, or equivalent education/experience. 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit affordable housing environment. 5+ years of bookkeeping/accounting experience.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have received such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985