Housing Authority Description
Frontrunner in the public housing movement. The Federal Housing Authority (FHA) was established in 1934. The following year Memphis became the second city in the nation, following New York, to establish a local housing authority. Under Chapter 615 of the Private Acts of 1935, the Tennessee General Assembly authorized the Memphis Housing Authority (MHA). MHA is governed by a seven-member Board of Commissioners, appointed by the Mayor of the City of Memphis and confirmed by the Memphis City Council. Find out more about the Memphis Housing Authority.
Memphis Housing Authority Salaries and Benefits
- What are the average starting salaries for positions at Memphis Housing Authority?
- Do they provide benefits and what are some of those benefits?
- Do you enjoy working for Memphis Housing Authority?
Memphis Housing Authority Interview Preparation
- What types of questions should I prepare for when interviewing?
- Is the dress code professional attire or business casual?
Best Advice for Getting a Job at Memphis Housing Authority
- If you work at the housing authority how did you get your job?
- What advice can you provide to someone hoping to work at Memphis Housing Authority.
Education and Experience Requirements
- What education requirements, or certifications does the housing authority like to see in an applicant.
- What type of experience is the authority looking for with regard to affordable housing programs.