The Philadelphia Housing Authority, also known as PHA, is the biggest landlord in Pennsylvania. We develop, acquire, lease and operate affordable housing for city residents with limited incomes. Their funding comes primarily from the federal government. They also work in partnership with the city and state governments as well as private investors. Although they are a public agency, they operate in many ways like a private property management company. They employ the best practices of the private real estate industry. PHA was established in 1937 and is the nation’s fourth largest housing authority. They house about 81,000 people in the City of Philadelphia and employ 1,406 people to deliver services to their clients.
Visit the Philadelphia Housing Authority Website.
Philadelphia Housing Authority Salaries and Benefits
- What are the average starting salaries for positions at the Philadelphia Housing Authority?
- Do they provide benefits and what are some of those benefits?
- Do you enjoy working for the Philadelphia Housing Authority?
Philadelphia Housing Authority Interview Preparation
- What types of questions should I prepare for when interviewing?
- Is the dress code professional attire or business casual?
Best Advice for Getting a Job at the Philadelphia Housing Authority
- If you work at the housing authority how did you get your job?
- What advice can you provide to someone hoping to work at the Philadelphia Housing Authority.
Education and Experience Requirements
- What education requirements, or certifications does the housing authority like to see in an applicant.
- What type of experience is the authority looking for with regard to affordable housing programs.