A Bachelors degree in finance, business administration, public administration, real estate, urban planning, or a related field is preferred. A Masters degree in finance, business administration, public administration, real estate, urban planning, or a related field is preferred.
Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills, effective communication proficiency (both oral and written), and confident decision making aptitude. Advanced knowledge of Excel. Must be a team player. Knowledge of data query tools a plus.
Assist in the administration of the operation of the Bank’s Affordable Housing Program (“AHP”) to ensure compliance with federal regulations, program policies and Bank procedures.
- Knowledge of federal regulations, policies, internal procedures, or other compliance requirements that govern the operation of the Bank’s competitive AHP and the Bank’s Credit Policy.
- Provide technical assistance to customer institutions and housing organizations in regard to the process of applying for AHP subsidy, submitting funding requisitions, ensuring initial monitoring requirements are met.
- Assist in administering the process of reviewing, scoring, ranking, cross-review, and recommending of AHP applications for approval by the Bank’s Board of Directors.
- Evaluate AHP funding requisitions from customer institutions.
- Ensure the eligibility and compliance of proposed projects and households in regard to program regulations and guidelines.
- Prepare initial monitoring report requests and conduct a comprehensive analysis on project documentation.
- Evaluate projects at project completion to ensure that project meets the established criteria as communicated at time of application.
- Evaluate project modification requests in accordance with program regulations and make appropriate recommendations.
- Evaluate special financial requests that affect AHP-assisted projects in accordance with program regulations and make appropriate recommendations.
- Perform project site visits and on-site audits.
- Cross-train AHP Operations staff in regard to financial analysis of housing projects, household income determination analysis, documentation review, and other AHP practices.
- Maintain accurate system data in AHP Backoffice.
- Assist in the Congressional / public relations efforts by the Bank, as requested, by providing program information, project descriptions, etc.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures that enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the AHP.
- Assist in departmental process improvement efforts that optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of the AHP
- Participate in outreach activities and project-specific celebration events contributing to the Community Effectiveness Incentive Compensation Goal and overall visibility of the Affordable Housing Program.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of New York is committed to recruit, hire, develop, motivate, promote, retain, and compensate all applicants and employees in a nondiscriminatory manner without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a parent, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law (including title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964).