The City of Bozeman, Montana is seeking a qualified Affordable Housing Program Manager to join the team! In this essential role you will be responsible for the administration, coordination, research, and implementation of policies and programs related to affordable housing in the City of Bozeman. This includes, but is not limited to, budgeting and reporting, resource management, public education and engagement, and preparing and implementing related grant applications. This position requires friendly and consistent customer service to a variety of groups and individuals including, but not limited to the Planning and Community Development Personnel, other City employees, Municipal, State and Federal officials, business and community organizations, and the general public.
As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits!
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Public Administration, or a closely related field; and
• Considerable (3-5 years) experience in affordable housing programs, planning, public policy, economic development; or
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the public and private sectors; commissions, City officials, community organizations, citizens and the media.
• Familiarity with various disciplines (e.g., Planning, Development, Building, Economic Development) to effectively communicate with other City departments and local agencies.
• Ability to make public presentations on complex issues and represent the organization in a professional capacity.
• Customer service skills to communicate expectations, resolve conflicts, and build trust.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to Develop and maintain a program budget, consult with staff and assist in resource planning and development of annual budgets.
Wage/Salary: $54,655.95 – $64,300.91/year
*Starting salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
(Not-negotiable outside of the salary range listed)
Bargaining Unit: Montana Public Employees Association (MPEA)
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Exempt
Work Week: Typically Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm; some flexibility
required for evening events and meetings
Application Deadline: October 3, 2018 @ 11:58pm
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY, PLEASE GO TO WWW.BOZEMAN.NET/JOBS