Are you interested in a challenging position working for an organization making a difference for people in your community? Are you a “people person” who enjoys helping others and being part of a collaborative team? The award-winning Santa Clara County Housing Authority (SCCHA) is seeking talented individuals to join our Housing Department; Asset Management and Compliance Division.
We are currently seeking applicants for an Asset Management Specialist in the Housing Department, which is comprised of Asset Management & Compliance, Policy, Training & Outreach, Housing Operations, and Development and Inter-Agency Relations. The position reports to the Asset Manager, and is responsible for a wide variety of technical and administrative asset management duties in support of the asset management programs; including maintaining a portfolio of Agency-managed assets to ensure physical and financial well-being; ensures compliance with financial regulations; oversees property operations through a third party management contractor; serves as a liaison regarding financing regulations and property operations with Agency staff, vendors, contractors, and outside agencies; performs related work as required.
If you are looking for a professional challenge addressing affordable housing – one of the most significant problems in the Bay Area – and want to be part of a collaborative, innovative organization that is building a better Silicon Valley, then apply today! The Housing Authority offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes CalPERS retirement system, health benefits, educational tuition reimbursement, and much more. The Agency operates on a 9/80 schedule with all employees having every other Friday off.
Asset Management Specialist
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Salary: $32.2128 – $43.1682 Hourly DOQ
- Oversees the Agency’s asset management portfolio and the work of third party property management firms to ensure compliance with current Federal, State, Agency, and housing program regulations, guidelines and policies.
- Performs regular property and unit inspections; assists in the preventative, long-term, and emergency maintenance of portfolio assets; observes and reports on physical condition; performs exterior, unit and tenant file inspections; prepares recommendations for capital improvement needs to ensure property condition is maintained in a healthful and safe manner.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual budget reviews and narratives on various properties, and ensures financial reports are reliable and accurate.
- Executes status reports and monthly monitoring reports to ensure program requirements are being met within the portfolio.
- Develops action plans to address any identified compliance risks and works with management to guarantee the action plan developed is executed.
- Obtains, analyzes and interprets and implements new and existing regulatory agreements to ensure compliance and program guidelines throughout all sites.
- Coordinates and attends compliance inspections with outside monitoring agencies; notifies staff of pending inspections; coordinates and ensures sites are prepared for audit and responds to any questions or items sited during the inspection.
An associate degree with coursework in accounting, finance, business administration, construction management or a related field; and three (3) years of experience performing asset management real estate development, property management, and/or construction project management. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Licenses and Certifications: Possession of or the ability to obtain and retain a valid California Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the Agency.
Application: Apply today and become a member of the Agency that is a leader in making a difference! To be considered for this position, all applicants must complete the entire application and submit a resume and cover letter at www.scchousingauthority.org.