Final Filing Date: Applications must be submitted by April 16, 2021 at 5:00 pm PST
The Housing Authority of the City of Alameda is proud of its mission and accomplishments. In partnership with the entire community, the Housing Authority advocates and provides quality, affordable safe housing, encourages self-sufficiency, and strengthens community inclusiveness and diversity in housing.
The Housing Authority is seeking a team-oriented candidate to plan, direct and manage the asset management function of the Housing Authority’s real estate portfolio including the housing assets owned by affiliates. The Asset Manager conducts financial, physical and regulatory performance review; develops and monitors capital needs assessment programs; and reviews, recommends and implements financing or refinancing schemes at multi-family and tax credit properties, in addition to providing highly responsible and complex professional assistance to the Directors of Housing Development and Portfolio Management.
AHA is particularly interested in applications from candidates with a strong track record in various aspects of the affordable housing industry including finance, development/rehabilitation, management and related real estate issues with an emphasis on asset management and financial and regulatory analysis.
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Education: Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university, and
- Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in various aspects of an affordable housing agency including finance, development/rehabilitation, management and related real estate issues with an emphasis on asset management financial and regulatory analysis.
The Housing Authority provides an outstanding benefits package, including:
- Membership in CalPERS defined benefit retirement program, plus voluntary 457 and Roth IRA plans (no employer contribution)
- A variety of health insurance plans to choose from, with some plans fully paid for (regardless of the number of dependents) by employer contributions
- 3 weeks of vacation to start
- A schedule of 9 8-hour workdays each pay period with every other Friday off
- Asset Managers routinely work on-site, and telecommuting is not offered. This position currently requires 2-3 days per week in the office during the current health crisis, and may shift to fully on-site work at any time.
- Some evening and after hours work may be required.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
Final Filing Date: April 16, 2021 at 5:00 pm PST
To apply, candidates must submit a fully completed and signed Housing Authority employment application, including responses to the supplemental questionnaire and a resume (documents must be in Word or pdf format, and uploaded into the online application form).
The AHA application form is located in the Working With Us>Employment Opportunities section of the Housing Authority’s website at www.alamedahsg.org. The full job description and supplemental questions are on the Open Positions page in Employment Opportunities.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY
If you need a reasonable accommodation under the American with Disabilities Act, please contact the Housing Authority office at [email protected]
The Housing Authority of the City of Alameda is an
Equal Opportunity / ADA Employer