Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. CCC values and celebrates diversity and we hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC is hiring a new Asset Manager to join our team!
The Asset Manager participates in developing, updating and implementing the company’s strategic asset management plan. The plan provides a systematic approach to ongoing oversight of Central City Concern’s real estate portfolio of housing and commercial sites. The Asset Manager is involved in all stages of Central City Concern’s real estate activities from pre-development through operations to ensure that the real estate assets achieve their goals in furtherance of Central City Concern’s mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Review and analyze property operating financial statements on a monthly basis.
2. Prepare periodic reports analyzing replacement and operating reserve funding, financial stability over varying timeframes, and progress in meeting financial performance standards.
3. Review and develop annual operating budget for long-term financial sustainability and improvement strategies.
4. Forecast property cash flows/needs.
5. Work with the real estate management team and Decision Support team to build Power BI dashboards.
6. Review annual audit and tax filings and respond to questions from agencies, investors and lenders.
7. Develop and update replacement reserve analysis.
8. Revamp commercial leasing management.
9. Assist in ensuring that all properties are operating in compliance with lender, investor, and regulatory agency requirements.
10. Maintain and keep updated summary of all funders’ and investors’ project requirements including reporting and inspection schedules.
11. Organize and maintain all project documents and other relevant information pertaining to real estate portfolio.
12. Complete and/or coordinate the completion of compliance and regulatory reports.
13. Manage regulatory, legal and financial compliance for all LPs and LLCs.
14. Ensure timely filing of annual welfare exemptions.
15. Develop property turnaround/repositioning plans.
16. Serve as a liaison between Housing Administration, Accounting and Real Estate Development departments during the pre-development, development and lease-up of new sites.
17. Review and comment on documents related to Asset Management, such as loan agreements, limited partnership agreements, operating and other regulatory agreements.
18. Monitor capital accounts of investors.
19. Develop and maintain year 15 buyout plans for the portfolio.
20. Manage refinance processes, as applicable.
21. Participate in enterprise-wide risk management. Identify and manage risks related to the real estate portfolio.
22. Manage and serve as primary point of contact on all third-party property management contracts.
23. Collaborate with Facility Management team in managing capital improvement projects for existing sites on a case-by-case basis.
24. Learn to drive innovation using Agile and Design Thinking approaches.
25. Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to maintain accurate records and necessary paperwork.
2. Strong time management, follow through and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
3. Ability to understand and analyze complex financial statements, specifically budget to actual statements, balance sheet, trial and balance sheets, and ability to prepare multi-year cash flow projections.
4. Ability to successfully interact and communicate clearly with a wide variety of people including clients, employers, partnering agencies and co-workers.
5. Ability to be creative, innovative, and a progressive problem solver.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of issues related to individuals with multiple barriers to employment.
7. Ability to display a non-judgmental attitude and a willingness to learn new skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
9. Knowledge of and ability to maintain professional boundaries.
10. Experience facilitating training, groups, and workshops.
11. Demonstrated expertise in assisting individuals to develop employment, training and supportive services plans and providing on-going support as they work to achieve goals.
1. Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or related field, or at least three years asset management experience, preferably in affordable housing.
2. A minimum of three to five years of real estate experience in areas such as financing, housing or real estate development, capital improvements, real estate sales and re-capitalization, or property management, preferably in affordable housing.
3. Knowledge of asset management function as well as federal, state and local guidelines and regulations related to affordable housing.
4. Real Estate Broker’s license a plus.
5. Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, databases, internet research); demonstrated high level proficiency with Excel required.
6. Excellent interpersonal and business communication skills, both written and verbal.
7. Sensitivity to homeless people and the issues of homelessness, recovery from trauma/substance use, and the ability to work with people from diverse educational and personal backgrounds. Must have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization.
8. Work on this specific contract prohibits convictions of child or elderly abuse, offenses against persons, sexual offenses, or child neglect.
9. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
10. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles and sexual orientations and treat individuals with respect and dignity.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
Central City Concern values and celebrates diversity in race, heritage, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, and disability. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prioritize active inclusion of diverse staff.
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to address prior criminal convictions.