Established in 1971, WNC is the pioneer in low-income housing investments. We are among the largest privately-held owners of affordable housing in the United States and we’ve acquired a portfolio valued in excess of $7.5 billion representing more than 1,225 properties in 45 states.
With over 45 years of success, we have longevity and strength. If you want to be a part of an organization that does not force you to burden your clients with bureaucratic process and red tape, we are your company. Our portfolio of investors is one of the largest in the industry. Over 90% of the capital we raise is from repeat investors which include more than 90 corporations including the nation’s largest banks and insurance companies and 28 Fortune 500 companies.
The Preservation Equity Fund, a private equity vehicle for CRA investors, is WNC’s newest product offering. The Fund focuses on preserving California’s affordable housing communities nearing their tax credit compliance period. The Fund executes its strategy by providing GP or LP capital and/or directly investing within the communities. We are looking for a leader to successfully manage the portfolio and assist with new investments on a day to day basis.
If you want to be a key player within a dynamic, goal-oriented team of highly motivated individuals, we want you on our team!
If you are:
- A goal oriented, results driven individual who thrives in entrepreneurial environments
- A professional within market-rate multifamily management and investments
- A natural problem-solver, who can easily identify issues, develop solutions, and implement business plans for quality and excellent operations
- An active communicator, who can interact with team members, fund investors, investment partners, brokers, third-party consultants, and property management in a strategic and friendly manner to foster teamwork and execution
- A proven leader in providing direction and knowledge to accomplish performance goals
- An analytical thinker with curiosity to process market and performance data for recommendations
- A multi-tasker comfortable with shifting priorities and taking responsibility for your actions and decisions
- A genuinely caring person with integrity, who can build and nurture strong relationships with investors and team members
We want you to:
- Run the business of asset management on a day to day basis
- Provide assistance in sourcing, underwriting, and closing new investments
- Develop and execute annual operating budgets, cost control measures, capital investment plans, and risk management metrics with the goal of maximizing asset value
- Assist in due diligence for new investment opportunities
- Mange takeovers and transitions of new investments
- Conduct site inspections and coach on-site staff on a regular basis
- Develop strategic, positive relationships within our industry (lenders, brokers, property management, consultants, etc.)
- Participate in appropriate industry associations, networking events and conferences.
Here’s why it’s awesome to be on Team WNC:
- Value based culture that attracts and keeps talented people
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- No cost life insurance and long-term disability
- 401(k) match
- 10 holidays and paid time off (PTO)
- Employee Appreciation Week
- Designated community involvement days during workweek
- Casual dress attire
Ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, MBA or CFA a plus, with significant knowledge of market rate housing operations and some knowledge of affordable housing operations. Excellent organizational and leadership skills with attention to detail; exemplary oral and written communication skills are essential for success.