Assistant Community Manager
About The Community Builders, Inc.
Join a growing organization that is strengthening neighborhoods across the nation! The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of America’s leading nonprofit real estate developers and owners. Our mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential.
Under the direction of the Community Manager, the Assistant Community Manager is responsible for leasing, compliance, maximizing rental income and customer service. This job involves heavy emphasis on operations administration and meeting compliance objectives, resident retention and providing a quality living experience for the residents. Certification in COS and LIHTC strongly preferred.
- Assists with daily site operations, keeping open communication with the Community Manager, Resident Specialist, Community Life and Service Maintenance staff regarding issues.
- Monitors, directs and tracks performance of leasing, retention and re-certifications to meet a 97% physical occupancy goal. Anticipates vacancies and is proactive in attracting new tenants.
- Prepares re-certifications, leasing applications, verifications, occupancy agreements and reports.
- Screens applicants to ensure compliance with Tenant Selection Plan, and regulatory requirements.
- Keeps informed of market conditions and update competitive market analysis quarterly.
- Enters and codes invoices, posts rents, makes deposits and maintains accurate resident ledgers.
- Monitors rent balances, collects rents, and sends out late or quit notices as required.
- Participates in all aspects of managing a property, include: business goals, budgeting, risk management, physical assets, maintenance, compliance, reporting, and personnel management.
- Oversees office functions, including office hours, filing, computer systems, reports, etc.
- Inspects property, picks up litter, and reports issues to Service Maintenance Manager.
- Handles resident issues and concerns, partnering with Community Manager as needed.
- Inspects market ready units for acceptance to lease and for resident move in.
- Assists n recruitment, training, supervision and motivation of team members and participates in the preparation of the annual reviews and performance management process.
- Performs other duties are required.
Education & Experience:
- College degree or 3+ years in a progressive career path in Residential Property Management, Hotel, Hospitality or Retail Management required.
- 2+ years of experience in Property Management, Hotel, Hospitality or Retail required.
- Industry designations (COS, LIHTC, ARM®, etc.) required.
- Knowledge of all regulatory programs, polices and Federal Housing Laws and Guidelines required.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Yardi or other industry software experience required.
- Proven Excellent Customer Service skills required.
The Community Builders, Inc. is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.