Come make a difference! Volunteers of America is one the nation’s largest and most comprehensive human services organizations. Since 1896, our ministry of service has supported and empowered America’s most vulnerable groups, including at-risk youth, the frail elderly, men and women returning from prison, homeless individuals and families, people with disabilities, and those recovering from addictions. We are one of the nation’s largest nonprofit providers of quality, affordable housing for low and moderate-income households and persons with special needs.
OBJECTIVE: Responsible for the daily operations of the entire property, including supervision of staff, building maintenance, all administrative duties for both internal and external agencies, and maintaining positive relationships with the residents of the property.
- Hire, train, supervise, evaluate, and discipline all staff.
- Supervise the property office ensuring that all bookkeeping, marketing, and lease preparations are performed as required.
- Market the property in accordance with Fair Housing Regulations and the management agent’s guidelines.
- Submit reports as required by the management agent or mandated by the federal, state or local government.
- Maintain office files for all business and financial records, as well as properly crediting the accounts and properly depositing all monies received.
- Inspect property daily to ensure building and grounds are properly maintained and take or suggest any actions needed for repair.
- Respond to all resident requests and complaints.
- Assist with any other task as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least one-year property management experience.
- High School diploma or its equivalent.
- Professional certification preferred (CMH, ARM, CAM, RAM).
- Knowledge of regulations, acts, guidelines, etc., pertaining to conventional properties.
- Knowledge of computer operations, to include basic data entry.
- May be required to live on site.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain good relations with residents and employees.