Position is for a full-time Assistant Project Manager (37.5 hours/week) to work in Honolulu, HI. Qualified Candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields of study: architecture, real estate development, finance, planning, or construction management. Education in other fields of study would be acceptable combined with appropriate work experience. This is an entry-level Project Management position. Some related experience preferred, but not required. Pay is to commensurate with experience.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multifamily communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition 17-0123 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Provides specialized administrative support to Project Managers, including specific project coordination, managing application processing for grants and other funding, and records maintenance. Also involves completing special projects for President, SVP, and VP, including research and funding applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Works to obtain information on various acquisition projects by visiting them, photographing sites and adjacent areas, meeting with property managers, conducting research, and contacting various persons regarding information needs.
– Follows through on questions and requests from outside parties for documents and information on specific projects and general information
– Creates EAH affiliate nonprofit corporations by drawing up Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws using past models and having them certified by the Secretary of State; coordinating the first meeting of the corporation in which the Bylaws will be adopted and officers elected.
– Files LP-1 agreements with the Secretary of State and assisting with the preparation of partnership agreements.
– Files for federal tax exemption with the IRS by obtaining an EIN by completing the 3500 application. H. Assists with loan draws and capital grants including obtaining vendor invoices from Accounting, number and draws up and submits the 501(c)(3) application and attachments, and files for state exemption verifying what is unpaid, creating summary charts, gaining approvals and organizing a package to be sent to HUD.
– Files necessary annual forms and reports with various entities including the IRS, funding agencies, Secretary of State and assessors offices, etc.
– Attends and communicates in staff meetings and works with team
– Conducts miscellaneous research on reporting tasks, funding source reporting schedules, application processing, etc.
– Assists the President, SVP and VP with special projects and assignments, including maintenance of the Money Rates data sheet and general project tracking.
– Coordinates special events at various projects.
– Creates flyers and announcements for special purposes at projects
– Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
– Regular attendance.
– Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields of study: architecture, real estate development, finance, planning, or construction management. Education in other fields of study would be acceptable combined with appropriate work experience. This is an entry-level Project Management position. Some related experience preferred, but not required.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility..
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985