Fifty years ago, civil rights leader Cesar Chavez ignited a movement that would transform communities by championing the rights of farmworkers, Latinos and working families. He believed it was important to support them through numerous programs including the burial program, credit union and cooperative gas stations.
Today, the Cesar Chavez Foundation (CCF) carries on Cesar’s legacy by growing and adapting into a successful group of high-performing social enterprises that support Latinos and working families, inspiring and transforming cross-generational communities from rural to urban areas throughout the Southwest. CCF serves hundreds of thousands of individuals through affordable housing development, education, broadcast communications and the National Chavez Center. With more than 600 employees across six states, CCF provides crucial community services while remaining sustainable, strategic and fiscally responsible.
Under the direction of the Property Manager, assists in the day to day operations of a 104 unit multi-family apartment community by performing the following duties. In absence of Property Manager may perform the following duties as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Knowledge and application of HUD Section 8 and LIHTC Regulations
· Conducts interviews with residents to update program eligibility.
· Experienced in conducting annual and periodic resident program compliance Recertifications consistent with HUD and LIHTC regulations and guidelines.
· Helps prepares lease or rental agreements and collects specified rents and impounds.
· Experienced collecting and posting rents and other charges electronically,
· Experienced in taking and following up on Requests Maintenance Services over the phone or in person, tracking and monitoring maintenance costs for Community.
· Works with Property Manager to plan for and arrange for alterations to, or maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of property as appropriate.
· Assists Property Manager on daily operations, site staff and vendors.
· Under direction purchases supplies and equipment for use on property.
· Assists Property Manager in the preparation and distribution of Delinquent rent notices.
· Under direction, prepares periodic inventory of building contents and property condition, and forward listing to supervisor for review.
· Assists Property Manager in preparing vacancy, occupancy, traffic, reports and turnover schedules, etc. for internal use and external agency compliance.
· Contacts utility companies to arrange for transfer of service for tenants.
· Under direction, coordinates move-in & move-out inspections, and documents.
· As directed, inspects community site, grounds, vacant units, etc. on a daily basis.
· Assists with eviction of tenants in compliance with court order and directions from supervisor.
· Responds to emergency calls and situations as required.
· Under direction, communicates and interacts with residents individually or in a group as necessary.
· May be asked to occasionally assist at other CCF Communities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
· 3 years minimum Property Management experience.
· 3 years minimum experience in Low Income Housing Tax Credit and/or HUD Section 8 Programs, Regulations and Policies.
· Experience with Yardi Voyager, Onesite, or comparable bookkeeping and compliance
Software programs are a big plus.
· Experienced supervising staff at site level.
· A good understanding of Property Management operations and procedures including the importance of income and expenses of the Community.