Assistant Property Manager
About SAHA: Satellite Affordable Housing Associates (SAHA) is a leader in the affordable housing industry and is driven by the fundamental belief that every person deserves a home. We take pride in providing quality affordable homes that empower people and strength neighborhoods. Our philosophy of embracing sustainability, initiative, financial responsibility and diversity makes us one of the preeminent affordable housing development/management providers and employers in the Bay Area. With a staff of over 170, we take pride in offering our employees work/life balance, opportunities for growth and development and an excellent benefit package including several plans with 100% employer paid, employee coverage.
Position Summary: The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operation of the property and filling in for the Property Manger as needed.
Location: This position works at multiple SAHA properties in the city of Oakland.
Compensation: The salary range for this position begins at $19.25 hourly. Starting pay rate depends on candidate experience, skill, and the specific position.
Benefits/Perks: We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and work/life balance. Here are some of the highlights:
- Medical HMO- $10 copays. Free for employees, less than $60 / month for employees + children.
- Dental HMO or PPO. Free for employees, less than $60 / month for employees + children.
- Paid Time Off- 14 days in first year, 19 second year, 24 third year and beyond.
- Paid Holidays- at least 9 per year.
- Regular Schedule- M-F 8:30 – 5:00.
- Retirement- 401k plan with 4% employer match.
- Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance- basic plan free for employees, option to purchase additional coverage, including for spouse or dependent.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists with leasing apartments, move-ins and move-outs.
- Maintains waiting list database, filing system and leasing and occupancy reports.
- Maintains tenant files and assist with tenant concerns and complaints.
- Prepares work orders for completion by maintenance staff.
- Assists the Property Manager with recertification process, ensures that changes in the re-certification software program, HUD updates, and billings to HUD are implemented in a timely manner.
- Assists Property Manager with collection of monthly rent & processing deposits.
- Prepares documents for processing by accounting for the sites in an administrative capacity.
- Fill-ins for Property Manager in their absence.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent is required, Associates Degree a plus.
- Minimum two years of experience in Property Management, preferably in affordable housing.
- Knowledge for HUD Section 8 programs and initial certification and re-certification;
- Knowledge of tax credit program a plus.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- CA Driver License — driving is required (DMV check will be conducted).
- Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) and/or Certified Tax Credit Specialist depending on property and regulatory structure or attainment of within six (6) months of hire. Training is provided.
*Satellite Affordable Housing Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer*