Associate Property Manager
Position Summary: The Associate Property Manager is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operation of the property in which they are primarily assigned, and is responsible for filling in for their direct supervisor or any Property Manger within the SAHA portfolio as assigned. This position also provides support with special projects, which entails work throughout the SAHA portfolio.
Location: This position will be based out of a SAHA property in Berkeley. Approximately 30% of this position includes traveling throughout the Bay Area to various SAHA properties.
Compensation: The pay range for this position is approximately $45,000 to $65,000 annually. Starting pay rate depends on candidate experience, skill, comparisons to current staff, and the needs of the specific specific position.
Benefits/Perks: We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and work/life balance. Here are some of the highlights:
- Medical HMO- $10 copays. Free for employees, less than $60 / month for employees + children.
- Dental HMO or PPO. Free for employees, less than $60 / month for employees + children.
- Paid Time Off- 14 days in first year, 19 second year, 24 third year and beyond.
- Paid Holidays- at least 9 per year.
- Regular Schedule- M-F 8:30 – 5:00.
- Retirement- 401k plan with 4% employer match.
- Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance- basic plan free for employees, option to purchase additional coverage, including for spouse or dependent.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Home Property Responsibilities:
- Assists with leasing apartments, move-ins and move-outs.
- Maintains waiting list database, filing system and leasing and occupancy reports.
- Maintains tenant files and assist with tenant concerns and complaints.
- Prepares work orders for completion by maintenance staff.
- Conducts recertifications and implements corrections as needed.
- Assists with collection of monthly rent & processing deposits.
Special Assignments & Projects:
- Substitutes for direct supervisor, Senior Property Manager, while they fill in for other Property Managers across the SAHA portfolio. This includes interim supervision of site staff, leasing vacant units, preparing documentation for evictions, and conducting town halls.
- Substitutes for Property Managers during absences and will be responsible for interim supervision of site staff, leasing vacant units, preparing documentation for evictions, and conducting town halls.
- Assists and/or leads projects, as requested, throughout portfolio such as past due recertification catch-up, lease-ups, ledger corrections, etc.
- In conjunction with the Senior Property Manager, assists with training of new staff and provides ongoing training assistance as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent is required, Associates Degree a plus.
- Prior experience and understanding of HUD, LIHTC, and the affordable housing industry preferred but not required.
- Prior experience with supervising others is desired or transferrable experience with motivating and supporting others.
Abilities and Attributes:
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook). Knowledge of Yardi desired but not required.
- Ability to interact with individuals of diverse economic, social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Patient and compassionate approach to working with seniors, adults with special needs and their families.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (a writing sample may be required).
- English fluency is required to interact with applicants, tenants, vendors, and employees. Ability to speak Cantonese, Mandarin or Spanish a plus.
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills with the ability to perform multiple functions simultaneously in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work independently and exercise strong leadership skills as will fill-in for Property Managers as needed.
- Must be pro-active in identifying and proposing solutions with the ability to exercise sound judgement in all matters.
- Must be able to receive & follow through on verbal information/instructions over the phone, via e-mail and in person as supervisor & management is not on site.
- Must be able to be aware of the sounds made by emergency equipment and take appropriate action.
- Must be able to detect foreign/unpleasant odors while walking through buildings, such as a natural gas leak.
- Must be able to travel to all SAHA locations to carry out duties and responsibilities associated with position.
- This position requires initiative and follow-through on all tasks.
Certifications or Licenses:
- CA Driver License — driving is required (DMV check will be conducted).
- Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) and Certified Tax Credit Specialist depending on property and regulatory structure or attainment of within six (6) months of hire. Training is provided.
- Indirectly supervises site property management staff in the absence of Property Manager. Also interacts and works in conjunction with on-site Service Coordinator on related tenant issues and activities; however, does not directly supervise.
*Satellite Affordable Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer*