Title: Billing Accountant
FLSA Status: Non -Exempt
Job Summary: Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to various general accounting functions including accounts payable and accounts receivable. Prepares billing and draw packages, ensures that all program expenses are captured for reimbursement, and verifies that all program expenses are correctly allocated and within each contract budget line items.
- Prepares monthly billing packages for all programs assigned by the established deadline.
- Reviews check requests, purchase orders, and invoices to ensure compliance with budgets, contracts, and accounting procedures and policies.
- Enters billing invoices in the system on a monthly basis and updates receivable data in the system.
- Monitors disallowed or unpaid program expenses and prepares adjustment billings, if necessary.
- Prepares programs’ budgets, budget revisions and/or modification, Annual Progress Reports’ financial data section, and Technical Submissions on a timely basis.
- Responsible for monthly analysis of all contracts receivable and ensure that receivable problems and issues are resolved.
- Works with Program Directors throughout the contract period to help maximize budget utilization.
- Shows commitment to deliver to meet deadlines particularly billing submission
- Performs other duties and responsibilities including assisting auditors during audit period
- Supports other staff by conducting business ethically and with integrity; demonstrate respect for fellow colleagues and show dedication to improving quality.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Education/ Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the same field
- Knowledge of Word and Excel; experience in various accounting software
- Ability to work flexible schedule including some weekends, if required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended period of time at a keyboard or workstation; to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work; to use hands in order to finger, handle, or feel; to reach with hands and arms; and to talk or to hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects and materials of light weight (up to 10 pounds). The employee is occasionally required to walk, to stand, to stoop, to kneel, and to crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a typical climate controlled office environment and the noise is usually moderate.
Please submit cover letter with resume to [email protected]