About SAHA: Satellite Affordable Housing Associates (SAHA) is a leader in the affordable housing industry and is driven by the fundamental belief that every person deserves a home. We take pride in providing quality affordable homes that empower people and strength neighborhoods. Our philosophy of embracing sustainability, initiative, financial responsibility and diversity makes us one of the preeminent affordable housing development/management providers and employers in the Bay Area. With a staff of over 170, we take pride in offering our employees work/life balance, opportunities for growth and development and an excellent benefit package including several plans with 100% employer paid, employee coverage.
Position Summary: The position is responsible for transporting SAHA residents, which are elderly residents and those with special needs, to various destinations. Destinations include, but are not limited to: local doctor appointments, local shopping centers, and occasional field trips. This position is full-time, 40 hours per week.
Location: This position will serve residents of SAHA properties in both Contra Costa and Alameda County.
Compensation: The salary for this position begins at $18 hourly. Starting pay rates depend on candidate experience, skill, and the specific position.
Benefits/Perks: We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and work/life balance. Here are some of the highlights:
- Medical HMO- $10 copays. Free for employees, less than $60 / month for employees + children.
- Dental HMO or PPO. Free for employees, less than $60 / month for employees + children.
- Paid Time Off- 14 days in first year, 19 second year, 24 third year and beyond.
- Paid Holidays- at least 9 per year.
- Regular Schedule- M-F 8:30 – 5:00.
- Retirement- 401k plan with 4% employer match.
- Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance- basic plan free for employees, option to purchase additional coverage, including for spouse or dependent.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Safely transports residents to and from scheduled destinations, assisting riders with loading and unloading of their belongings.
- Models safety and ensures riders are following safety procedures at all times while on bus.
- Completes weekly driver operational reports of ridership activity, DMV reports, and other information as required by CHP and Dept. of Transportation and submit to supervisor.
- Completes a documented safety check of the bus using a checklist each morning prior to operating the vehicle and evening upon returning.
- Assures proper maintenance of bus according to the preventative maintenance schedule and maintains proper paperwork on bus, as required by CHP & DOT regulations.
- Maintains a well-cleaned bus, walking through it daily to collect trash left behind by riders and ensures the bus is washed at least monthly.
- Participates in annual CHP inspection along with Program Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with special needs to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school degree or general education degree (GED) required with at least two years of previous van/shuttle driving experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience working with special needs populations a plus.
Certificates & Licenses
- Valid class B driver’s license with passenger endorsement and a good driving record- a DMV check will be conducted.
- Medical Certification as required by DOT to safely operate bus.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol exam and be enrolled in random substance & alcohol program testing, as mandated by the Department of Transportation.
- Must be able to pass and maintain insurance clearance from SAHA insurance carrier.
*Satellite Affordable Housing Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer*