We’re looking for dedicated team members to join Orange County’s largest nonprofit developer of high quality affordable housing and services that transform lives and strengthen communities.
Status: Full Time, Salary
Location: Irvine, CA
Primary Objective of Position:
Responsible for building Jamboree’s market position by locating, negotiating, and closing affordable housing opportunities.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Work with the Business Development and Development teams to identify acquisition opportunities.
- Direct line responsibility for the creation of project pipeline and progression of these projects.
- Complete the feasibility analysis of new development projects including identifying funding options, examining risks and estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Identify opportunities by researching and attending industry and related events, publications, and announcements
- Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting partners or potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options and resolving internal priorities.
- Conduct stress tests of the project pipeline in response to major legislative, policy, and funding changes; work with the Development Team to resolve misalignments
- Manage Strategic Partner relationships.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Manage transition of new projects from Business Development to Housing Development Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Level of Education, Experience and Skill Set:
- Well organized, detail oriented, and excellent analytical skills; proficiency in sophisticated financial analysis using Excel, project management software, and word processing software such as Microsoft Word.
- Skilled at performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Professional demeanor.
- Good presentation skills; excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be committed to, and find passion in, Jamboree’s mission and its part in making the world a better place
- Ability to work effectively with community groups, including clients with diverse economic and educational backgrounds.
- Possess an entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem-solving in the field of affordable housing and community development.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- Five years experience in affordable housing development, business, finance, urban planning or a related field, preferably for a development firm, government agency or private financial institution.
- Demonstrated experience with public and private affordable housing funding resources and subsidy programs, including the low income housing tax credit program, tax exempt bonds, and State of California funding sources; ability to creatively combine financing tools.
- Must be comfortable in a nonprofit company, bringing an intensity and industry best-practice business approach to Jamboree that might be more typical in a for-profit organization
- Valid California driver’s license and availability of an insured vehicle to travel within the California service area.
- Job includes some evening and weekend hours.
The Business Development Manager is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision. Ability to, operate a computer keyboard, and lift files and reports. Exposure to glare from a computer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift 25 lbs and travel via automobile and/or plane 50%.
The work environment will usually be in a professional office setting, with possible shared workspace. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate. When traveling the environment will change dependent upon the site visiting.