Wespath Benefits and Investments, recognized as one of “Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®” in 2017, has an opportunity for an analyst for our affordable housing real estate portfolio to provide analytics, underwriting and process management of the portfolio within the organization’s Investment Management department. The analyst generates analytics and reporting to actively monitor existing loans and cross-trains with the other Investment Management analysts to generate and back up daily portfolio reports, monthly position reports and quarterly analytics. The analyst cross-trains to assist and provide back up on key evaluation and analytical lending tasks.
More specifically, the analyst will have the opportunity to:
- Support the program director and manager in:
- Analyzing, monitoring, and evaluating proposed loans and underwriting to ensure conformance to program risk and return parameters, and present recommendations to internal management
- Researching and preparing related reports and recommendations for senior investment management to present at the board of directors’ Fiduciary committee and to other internal and external stakeholders
- Developing appropriate risk management strategies
- Manage loan documentation for evaluating existing and prospective investments
- Conduct annual due diligence reviews of existing intermediary relationships
- Conduct credit analysis of commercial loans
- Prepare analytics for problem loan reviews and annual loan reviews
- Cross-train with the other Investment Management analysts to support and back up analytics across all sectors of the Wespath portfolio
- Create, cross-check, and distribute a variety of daily, monthly and quarterly financial and investment-related reports
- Interact with external intermediaries and vendors and follow up on information required to complete underwriting package
- Monitor financial market developments and provide periodic updates to departmental management regarding the impact on commercial real estate markets
- Identify and perform risk analysis and assist in structuring transactions to minimize risks
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, economics, or accounting or related work experience
- 2 years of experience in commercial real estate lending analytics, underwriting and credit analysis
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Formal commercial credit training
- General knowledge of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program
Wespath Benefits and Investments
Wespath Benefits and Investments is one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work® in 2017 and a not-for-profit administrative agency of The United Methodist Church. Wespath is responsible for the general supervision and administration of retirement, health and welfare benefit plans and programs, and investment fund management for more than 100,000 active and retired clergy and lay employees in the U.S. and around the world.
Our operations include retirement services, the Center for Health, investment management, environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, positive social purpose (PSP) lending, U.S. pension plans and global pension programs, health and welfare benefit plans. In service since 1908, Wespath has approximately $20 billion in assets under management. It ranks among the top 100 pension plans in the country and is the largest reporting denominational investor in the world. As the nation’s largest faith-based pension fund, Wespath works globally with corporations to address environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, with a focus on responsible and sustainable investing.
A unique, values-driven benefits and investments organization, this Chicago-area employer is known as “a great place to work.” The Glenview, IL headquarters building was awarded a Leadership in Energy and Environment Design (LEED) Gold certification by the U.S. Green Building Council for efficiencies in the building’s design, construction, operation and maintenance. Wespath strives to lessen its environmental impact, reinforcing the organization’s core value of stewardship. The agency has received Best Employees for Healthy Lifestyles and Eye on Health awards, has its own walking path and provides incentive programs that focus on the well-being of its employees.