In this essential role you will be responsible for the administration, coordination, research, and implementation of policies and programs related to community housing in the City of Bozeman. This includes, but is not limited to, budgeting and reporting, resource management, public education and engagement, and preparing and implementing related grant applications. This position requires friendly and consistent customer service to a variety of groups and individuals including, but not limited to the Planning and Community Development Personnel, other City employees, Municipal, State and Federal officials, business and community organizations, and the general public.
$57,423 – $67,556/year
*Starting salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
(Not-negotiable outside of the salary range listed)
Montana Federation of Public Employees (MFPE)
Fair Labor Standards Act Status:
Typically Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm; some flexibility
required for evening events and meetings
August 15th, 2021
As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits!
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Planning, Finance, Business, or a closely related field; and
- Considerable (2-4 years) experience in program management, affordable housing programs, community housing, planning, public policy, real estate finance or development, business administration, or economic development; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of affordable housing, planning, and community and economic development programs and issues;
- Some knowledge of real estate financing and development, building, and housing development;
- Some knowledge of applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures that may affect the building industry, especially those related to affordable housing;
- Some knowledge of real estate development;
- Some knowledge of or ability to quickly learn local, state, and federal programs to promote affordable housing;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with assigned supervisors, other City employees, city officials, vendors, community organizations, media, and the general public;
- Ability to make public presentations on complex issues and represent the organization in a professional capacity;
- Assist in resource planning and development of annual budgets;
- Ability to think creatively and be innovative in problem-solving, including the formulation of recommendations;
Please see posting for full list.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Valid Driver’s License (must obtain valid Montana Driver’s License within 60 days of employment);
- Offers for employment conditional upon satisfactory completion of appropriate post condition offer process.