Neighborhood Partnership Housing Services (NPHS) is looking for a self-motivated individual with a passion for assisting families in achieving their homeownership goals. The primary responsibility of the Community Lending Specialist is to review and determine outcomes for loan applications submitted for review. The Community Lending Specialist will be required to have a comprehensive understanding of all NPHS loan programs and services. The position will have daily interaction with interested lenders, applicants, community partners, and current borrowers to assist with program questions, submission of paperwork, community outreach efforts, and file review.
- Provides a comprehensive understanding of NPHS’ loan programs and services to interested applicants, lenders, community partners, and NPHS staff.
- Works with program participating lenders and applicants to collect a complete file for review.
- Reviews loan application submissions for various down payment assistance, home improvement loans, small business loans, and other loan programs as needed.
- Determines applicant income, debt to income ratios, and overall eligibility for various NPHS loan programs in accordance to program guidelines.
- Informs applicants and lenders of file decisions.
- Processes and reviews external City loan program applications that are administered by NPHS.
- Provides occasional education and community outreach regarding NPHS’ programs and services. This includes facilitating both in person and virtual off-site and onsite education workshops on evenings and weekends as needed.
- Processes loan applications submitted for review to appropriate staff
- Creates and maintains accurate hard copy and electronic files for each client, including all necessary and required forms and documentation in compliance with program requirements.
- Assists in coordinating and conducting lender training events to increase NPHS’ Community impact.
- Assists in preparing department reports and ensures ongoing recordkeeping is in compliance with NeighborWorks of America and Housing and Urban Development (HUD) filing guidelines.
- Prepares loan documents and coordinates closings with escrow.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lending experience required. Must have substantial experience in mortgage lending and/or homeownership counseling strategies and programs; knowledge of lending laws and regulations; knowledge of various down payment assistance opportunities available to low-income, first-time home-buyers and experience in successfully assessing and qualifying clients for FHA and Conventional loan products; community-based non-profit experience.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking.
- Excellent computer, communication and writing skills.
- This position will require the job duties to be performed in person at NPHS’ offices.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- NMLS licensed individuals a plus.
- Experience working with loan origination software a plus.
- Experience with Sales Force or other client management software a plus.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Starting wage is $50,000 per year
- Excellent medical and dental benefits
- 403b Retirement Plan available with company match up to 6%
Please email resume with cover letter to: email@example.com
For more information on NPHS, please visit www.nphsinc.org