Aperto Property Management is a growing Multifamily Property Management Company. We are currently seeking experienced and qualified on-site Community Managers to join our team in Daly City, CA.
As the Community Manager, you will be responsible for the overall operations, including the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures, and programs to ensure a well-managed and maintained Community. Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and federal, state, and local laws; maintains a supportive environment for all residents; manages site staff and their duties, interacts with and supervises vendors. A qualified candidate will have experience managing Tax Credit Properties.
Some of the Responsibilities and Objectives:
• Hires, supervises, trains and evaluates and develops staff
• Provides daily leadership for the team
• Identifies appropriate contractors, defines scope of work and obtains necessary bids
• Perform property inspections to maintain curb appeal and to assess any maintenance issues
• Oversees maintenance program including supervision, inspections and monitoring work orders
• Address resident concerns
• Prepare annual budget, monthly variance reports and process invoices
• Processes invoices in Yardi and submit for payment
• Rent collection, prepares deposits using Yardi/Onesite property management software
• Create a positive company culture
• Provide daily/weekly/monthly reports as required by Regional Manager
• Promptly report property liability claims, employee worker’s compensation claims, and property loss claims according to company policy
• Approve payroll for all staff members including commissions and bonuses when/if applicable
• Advocate Risk Management initiatives for employee safety
• Onesite and Yardi experience preferred
Key Qualifications, Skills and Education
• Tax Credit and HUD experience required
• 200+ unit experience required
• Minimum 3 years of experience working with Tax Credit, of which at least 2 years should be in a supervisory position
• Clear understanding of General Ledgers, budgeting
• Clear grasp of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions
• Proficient in reading and writing English
• Ability to work effectively with common Microsoft software applications
• Exceptional customer service abilities
• Ability to empathize with residents and staff while still enforcing community rules and policies
• Excellent problem solving, listening and reasoning skills
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly-growing, progressive organization and take charge of your career.
Aperto Property Management is an equal opportunity employer.