Department: Asset Management
Reports to: Compliance Manager
FLSA Status: Non‐Exempt
Position Summary: The Compliance Specialist is responsible for a portfolio of SAHA properties, ensuring strict compliance with all rules and regulations set forth by the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the California Tax Credit Allocation Committee, all investors, other regulatory agencies, SAHA and its affiliates. This position is also responsible for general compliance duties such as monitoring property file audits, completing investor reports, enforcing policies and procedures, and serving as a resource to property staff regarding compliance.
Compensation: The pay range for this position begins at $55,000 annually. Starting pay rates/offers depend on candidate experience, education, ability, and salary comparisons to current staff, as applicable.
Location: Due to COVID-19 our Asset Management and Compliance teams transitioned from working in SAHA’s Main Office in Berkeley to working remotely (from home) full-time. While occasional travel to the Main Office or SAHA properties may be necessary, this position will be expected to work remotely full-time.
- Minimum 1 year of related experience in affordable housing and/or property management.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Proficiency in Yardi is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (in any field) is a plus.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations Requirements:
- Fair Housing Certification or attainment within one year of hire.
- Current Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) and Tax Credit Specialist (TCS), or attainment within one year of hire.
Satellite Affordable Housing Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer