The Compliance Team within PPL’s Property Management Division (PMD) is excited to announce the opening of a new full-time (40 hour/week) Affordable Housing Compliance Specialist position. As a Compliance Specialist you will support a portfolio of properties in their day-to-day operations as it relates to the property’s affordable housing program rules and regulations and PPL’s correlated quality controls, policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform quality control review and approval of property manage generated resident file documentation and certification packets to ensure correct documentation, completion, and filing requirements are met.
- Prepare and submit monthly subsidy payment requests.
- Prepare and submit annual compliance project status reports
- Monitor and implement income, rent and utility allowance changes.
- Demonstrate accurate use software (such as Yardi) and maintain internal and external databases (such as PORT) which track compliance status of all programs.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive regulatory file for each property.
- Conduct quality assurance pre-inspection file audits and work with property management team members to correct deficiencies and assist with file audit responses.
- Assist in the on-boarding and training of new property management team members on compliance policies, procures and practices
- Conduct regular site visits for quality assurance evaluations and provide in the moment one-on-one training.
- Remain abreast of and adhere to federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they relate to housing program compliance and act as a resource to our on-site team members.
- Adhere to and stay abreast of changes in fair housing rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Demonstrate professionalism and integrity while representing PPL
- Minimum 2 years experience as an affordable housing compliance specialist, site manager, or assistant manager responsible for processing paperwork and regulation compliance for a low income multi-family housing property or properties.
- Must have knowledge of Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC/Section 42), Project Based Section 8 or similar rental subsidy, HOME and/or Public Housing.
- Tax Credit Specialist (TCS) and or Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) preferred
- Excellent verbal/written communication and listening skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong problem solving ability.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to work independently according to specific directions and deadlines
- Proficient Microsoft Office experience required and Yardi experience preferred.
- Comfortable interacting with diverse population.