Join our MEDA Team
At MEDA, we find meaning and fulfillment in investing in people’s lives. We work collaboratively to close the opportunity gap for low- to moderate-income Latino families in San Francisco’s Mission District by providing them access to affordable housing, career and small-business development, education and more. As MEDA continues to strengthen this community, we need more talented professionals dedicated to inspiring positive change – and driven to succeed in a fast-paced team environment. Be one of us!
Your Career Opportunity
As Construction Manager you will work with MEDA’s Community Real Estate Program to preserve small apartment buildings (20 to date) in in order to keep families in the Mission district and surrounding neighborhoods in San Francisco. As properties are acquired and are in need of renovation, your job will be to manage the rehabilitation of MEDA’s Small Site Program portfolio during operations along with overall construction management support to the Community Real Estate team. Your passion and commitment to preserving affordable housing in San Francisco will drive your work. You will draw on your strengths of being detail-oriented, ability to work independently as well as with a team, and your skills and knowledge in construction will make you successful.
Specifically, you will:
- Solicit and select design and engineering consultants
- Establish strong document control systems including generating all submittals, requests for proposals (RFP’s), electronic document management, budget management, and change order management
- Review drawings, budgets, schedules and other project related matters with construction team
- Negotiate change orders with General Contractors, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Work with governmental agencies for planning, permitting through construction inspections.
- Ensure contractors meet City and County of San Francisco financing contract requirements including local contracting and hiring.
- Share job cost responsibility through monitoring budgets and writing job cost status reports.
- Gather and verify all necessary information for monthly construction draw requests. Must track all appropriate subcontractor lien releases, pay applications and invoices.
- Coordinate construction with the potential relocation, property management and asset management.
- Transitioning as-builts, construction documents and warranties to property management and asset management.
- 50% travel required to job sites and local government offices
Your Keys to Success
To perform successfully in this role, you will need to leverage these key qualifications:
- Previous experience in construction management or other related fields
- Familiarity with construction management software
- Familiarity with government procurement and contract management
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Experience with Multi-million Dollar projects
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and plans
Your MEDA Experience
Do meaningful work in an innovative workplace, while being challenged in your professional growth.
Joining MEDA means having meaningful experiences that develop achievers – from across the Mission neighborhood and from within our organization. We find meaning and fulfillment in our work as we see this community thrive and are driven to achieve better outcomes by challenging ourselves to innovate in our ways of working.
We offer a market-leading benefits program that reflects MEDA’s values and mission. We invest in people’s lives and support our own people’s health and financial well-being.
Our core benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and their dependents – 100 percent covered by MEDA
- 401(k) Plan for employees
- Generous paid time off — minimum of 20 days for new employees
- Employee Assistance Program that offers free financial or legal counseling to employees or their families
- Other forms of voluntary benefits
Click on the following website and include your resume and cover letter.