Location: Koreatown, Los Angeles, California 90010
Status: Full-time Exempt
Under the direction of the Director of Fund Development, the Fund Development & Marketing Associate will support ACOF’s fundraising initiatives, online and social media marketing, and special events.
- Process donations, utilizing donor software, quickly and efficiently.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Create database reports as needed.
- Write stories for external and internal newsletters.
- Assist in development/writing annual report.
- Stay current with best social media practices to communicate with internal and external constituents.
- Develop monthly creative content schedule for all social media pages and website
- Execute social media campaigns in support of marketing initiatives.
- Provide/coordinate photography for events/volunteer activities as needed.
- Work with Graphic Design/Web Consultant on all projects (annual report, brochures, etc.).
- Assist in Public Relations activities as needed.
- Assist in the planning and execution of events including annual fundraiser.
- Participate in community outreach and exhibiting opportunities.
- Work efficiently within established timelines and budgets to deliver on-target results.
- Maintain and/or prepare information for media kits.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Fund Development.
To perform effectively in this position, the Fund Development & Marketing Associate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related fields
- Two years of work experience in marketing, event management, and/or fundraising.
- Two years of donor database management.
- Two years of social media management including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Hootsuite.
- Two years of experience utilizing InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and/or other design programs.
- Access to personal vehicle to be used to conduct ACOF’s.
- Possession of a Valid California driver license.
- Ability to meet California state law insurance requirements and ACOFs insurance requirements.
- Master’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field.
- Working knowledge of effective marketing and branding strategies within the affordable housing and community development field and how to communicate to a broad audience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; good public presentation skills.
- Strong time management and the ability to juggle multiple goals and priorities, often under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team;
- A sense of humor.
- Proficiency in PC applications of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Microsoft Publisher and Internet navigation.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
A Community of Friends is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity