Atlantic | Pacific Companies is a dynamic industry leader, with a growing and diverse portfolio of properties throughout Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Texas, and Southern California.
Want to join a team of talented real estate developers!
If so we got just the perfect opportunity for you
Our Development Managers are involved from start to finish on developments which make a lasting difference at A|P. We enjoy working smart and hard, in a fast paced up beat environment where the best ideas win, and your contribution to our team’s performance is the only constraint to your growth.
Atlantic Pacific Communities strives to bring out the best in our people and empowers them to bring out the best in the communities we serve.
Come be a part of our growing team!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Create and maintain financial models, projections, and schedules.
- Become highly proficient in navigating Federal, State, and Local funding programs related to affordable housing. Begin to be able to creatively work through complex financial decisions related to affordable developments.
- Conduct Acquisition Due Diligence & Analysis; make recommendations to senior staff.
· Create and deliver professional, thoughtful internal and external reports on a timely basis.
· Coordinate land acquisition, including preparation of LOI’s and purchase contracts with legal counsel, gathering of due diligence materials, and tracking of contract timelines – (deposits, closing dates, etc).
· Prepare RFQ/RFP responses. Show the ability to thoroughly convey firm’s ideas to potential clients.
· Lead the structuring, assembly, and review of funding applications.
· Solicit and negotiate proposals from third party professionals as needed.
· Coordinate design/entitlement/permitting process with project team members.
· Optimize development operations through analysis of subsidy guidelines, broadband and utility alternatives, and other property income and expenses.
· Coordinate General Contractor procurement process.
· Coordinate and facilitate lender due diligence.
· Coordinate financial closing with lenders, legal counsel, and other project team members.
· Process and track development expenses with accounting staff.
· Attend on-site construction meetings on a regular basis.
· Coordinate owner approval items – colors, finishes, etc.
· Process required owner items for Certificate of Occupancy – easements, meter contracts, etc.
· Prepare monthly construction draws with accounting staff.
· Review change orders and make recommendations to senior staff.
· Lead and track development leasing activities, including marketing strategy, concessions, expenses and absorption.
· Assist marketing efforts by facilitating office set-up, brochures, signage, etc.
· Coordinate loan conversion and final equity payments.
· Report project status during weekly meetings with senior staff.
· Track & report project issues.
Qualifications: The position requires strong financial and analytical skills with a passion for real estate development. Development Managers are able to handle multiple projects through the consistent completion of tasks with established deadlines.
Master’s Degree from accredited four-year college or university (or Bachelor’s Degree with four years relevant experience). Focus on real estate development is a plus.
Experience with Low Income Housing/Tax Credit is a plus
At least two years’ experience in Real Estate Development a plus.
Ability to write memos, reports, presentations, and business correspondence. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, and statistics and accounting principles.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel a plus. Experience with Microsoft Project a plus.
Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Trajectory: The position provides significant opportunities to impact the success of the organization. In addition to general development competencies it is required that the person in this position maintain a working understanding of affordable housing funding processes, be able to reliably create and maintain financial proformas, report project status, and demonstrate leadership within the organization and with third parties. These skills must be obtained for advancement. The potential progression of positions is as follows: Senior Development Manager, Vice President of Development, and Senior Vice President of Development. Advancement is based on individual accomplishments and abilities.
What We Offer:
100% Employer Provided Health Insurance, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
Dental and Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
401(k) Retirement Plan
Employee Referral Program
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Discounts Program