An award winning, national real estate development, construction and management firm is looking for a dynamic Development Manager. This individual will play a key role in the future growth of their impressive portfolio. Position requires a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred), plus minimum 2 years of related work experience in public and/or private real estate development. Candidate must possess proficient computer applications skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point. For immediate consideration, please email resume & salary history. Resumes without salary history will not be considered. No phone calls please. Send resume and salary requirements to HR Director Enisa Omerasevic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Primary Responsibilities – Perform the development functions and activities and all projects with primary focus on the affordable housing developments:
- Perform the day-to-day activities associated with project acquisition and development including but not limited to:
- Locating and evaluating properties for acquisition and rehabilitation
- Negotiation of land purchases with Sellers including drafting of Letters of Intent and Earnest Money Contracts; track all milestones during the contract process
- Assist with the development of budgets and timelines for the various stages of acquisition and development
- Coordinate with project consultants during the due diligence process including architects, engineers, appraisers, market analysts, surveyors, and title companies
- Review due diligence material related to each project being developed
- Primary responsibility for the preparation of housing tax credit applications; become very familiar with Florida and other state’s QAP’s and the required timelines/deadlines associated with tax credit applications, both 9% competitive and 4%.
- Coordinate with and assist the construction personnel as needed to assure that timelines are being followed; adherence to plans and specifications, and assist with accurate budget forecasts. Assist construction and management departments to assure orderly and efficient transfer of buildings from construction to property management and to ensure compliance with State regulations as outlined in the various successful applications. Coordinate all compliance reporting from the development perspective, including Construction Progress reports and Cost Certifications.
- Work directly with, and create relationships with all necessary public officials and neighborhood groups in markets being considered for development. Serve as company representative during city/county presentations, etc. assuring the public of the development which is being considered.
- Assist lenders and syndicators on project related due diligence requirements throughout the total development period from providing initial due diligence documents as required by the lender/syndicator to obtaining IRS forms 8609 for each respective project.
- Assist in the preparation of development and pipeline reports for personnel to be used in connection with weekly staff meetings.
- Assist senior management on strategic planning, potential markets and other development related opportunities.
- Create and publish new project packages and RFQ responses as well as construction and permanent financing packages.